blackberry or iphone? Watch

WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
because it has bbm
Or you could just get any other phone and unlimited texts / use any other similar service.

Plus, there are heavy rumours that BBM will be coming to android and iOS sometime soon.
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wait for the Blackberry 9900 :drool: or go for something Android. The Galaxy S 2 is all kinds of awesome.
Billa Bong
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i would buy a cheap one for now and wait for iPhone 5 (or whatever it's gonna be called) cos that looks like its gonna be immense
bethanysmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it depends on if your friends have bbm, mine do and dont have unlimited texts so if i had an iphone we wouldnt be able to talk as much :|
im getting a new phone tomorrow and am so confused
So I am
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
i'm not getting that silly playstation phone considering how poorly the whole network was bypassed...

so my opinion is that blackberry is far better then a iphone because it has bbm :awesome:, and is just better in every way possible then the iphone

do you have an iphone or blackberry?
I thinkmost people are getting the iphone just because it is so fashion , most don't even understand the difference in apps, resolution..etc I don't want to be drawnto the trend, however I prefer a phone with a big ascreen and many apps so I am looking for the windows phone as I 'd need to use office because of my job.
that's teh trick, it's not about blackberry or iphone: everyone should know exactly what they need and buy a phone accordingly.
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can the Ipad be used as a phone?
wonderingwot2do
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
blackberries are crap. iphones aren't

/thread
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by So I am)
I thinkmost people are getting the iphone just because it is so fashion , most don't even understand the difference in apps, resolution..etc I don't want to be drawnto the trend, however I prefer a phone with a big ascreen and many apps so I am looking for the windows phone as I 'd need to use office because of my job.
that's teh trick, it's not about blackberry or iphone: everyone should know exactly what they need and buy a phone accordingly.
"Many apps" and "windows phone" is somewhat contradictory. There's plenty of larger handsets running Android, which is generally a superior operating system with far greater app support.

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
Can the Ipad be used as a phone?
Nope, it can only access data from cellular networks.
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
RIM has lost its way, and it needs a makeover of its products.

Blackberrys are a hunk of ****, but if somebody wants basic texting or e-mail, well more power to them.

That said, I can see RIM losing serious market share to Android and iOS, and now even Windows Phone 7.
Witty Username
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a blackberry user I find bbm kinda redundant when I could just text. I do like my blackberry a lot though, and I'd prefer it to an iPhone mostly because it has an actual keyboard (had a touch screen phone previously, not going back!).
It would also have been considerably more expensive to get an iPhone instead.
But like So I am said, it's about getting what suits you, and for some that's an iPhone.
kittycake
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you want your phone to break and freeze then sure, get a Blackberry!
Jennie027
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've heard a lot about both these phones although bb's seem to have the most problems and people get bored of bb's quicker.. so I'd say iPhone. I've not had any of these phones, just going from what mates have said etc.
Oh and I reckon all phone companies will go touch screen (seems that way) so better get used to them now tbh - plus the new touch screens are better than the old ones.
Mariana93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had to chose between a blackberry and an iphone a few months ago when my contract finished and had to upgrade.

I spoke to quite a few people and got the iPhone 4 at the end, the main reason being most people who I spoke to owned an iphone 3g/3gs and said they'd happily upgrade to an iPhone 4. Whereas just one person out of about 10 said they are most likely to upgrade to a newer model.. the rest said they would like to switch to the iPhone

About BBM.. never used it so cant comment.

So that won it for me
ahoward
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
after 15 months my iphone has deteriorated rapidly and is the biggest pile of **** ever! Cant wait for teh contract to be up...which isnt until may next year
surina_xxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
blackberry
kelkelox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hve an Iphone 4... it is my far better than any other phone! Although bb has bbm... iphone has as many apps just like bbm! honestly iphone is the best phone ever! you can do pretty much everything on it
Saif95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
so my opinion is that blackberry is far better then a iphone because it has bbm :awesome:, and is just better in every way possible then the iphone

do you have an iphone or blackberry?

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I have an iPhone and would pick it any day over a Blackberry, BBM is so overated...besides it's planning to come out on androids and the iPhone anyway, not BBM but something that allows BB and iPhone owners to chat.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBM I've found to be buggy, and at the end of the day, it's just an IM protocol, much like MSN, YIM, AIM, Skype etc, all of which I can already get on my phone, with the distinct advantage of the other person not needing a specific phone.

All I'll say about this is that I'd pick a BlackBerry from a security point of view. Far fewer exploits, more difficult to get around, and despite owning a touchscreen phone at the moment, I'm not a fan of touchscreens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads