Please vote on Thursday! Watch

Katharos703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rugbyladosc)
political participation in this country is laughable. Because of our poor electoral system and low voter turnout only 22% of people actually voted for the previous Labour government.
Believe me there are countries that are called ‘democracies’ where it’s much worse …
99price
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xnatalie01x)
I don't know what we're voting for.
Whether or not the current electoral system used to elect MPs for Parliament, and thus elect a leading party to form a government (First Past the Post), should change to the Alternative Vote system.
samir1106
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Vote NO!!
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katharos703)
Believe me there are countries that are called ‘democracies’ where it’s much worse …
Doesn't detract from the fact its laughable. It's hardly effort to vote. People died for universal suffrage, the least we could do is exercise it.
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Underage. Soz.
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't voted for two years consecutively now because all parties are corrupt hence the vote on AV/first-past-the-post is rendered useless.

Don't waste time with politics because its not in the publics control, any party that will form a government will tax the living day lights out off you once they're in power.
Katharos703
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rugbyladosc)
Doesn't detract from the fact its laughable. It's hardly effort to vote. People died for universal suffrage, the least we could do is exercise it.
i totally agree there
lessthan0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
I haven't voted for two years consecutively now because all parties are corrupt hence the vote on AV/first-past-the-post is rendered useless.

Don't waste time with politics because its not in the publics control, any party that will form a government will tax the living day lights out off you once they're in power.
Don't 'not vote', spoil your vote! At least your voice of dissent has been heard then; if enough people spoil their vote the election has to be run again and again until you get candidates that people want to elect!
Will Lucky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do not worry, I shall go down to the Polling station and make a decision between spoiling it or No while I'm there.

And also Conservative.
FrigidSymphony
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Vote Yes for AV.
Not to mention SNP!
Jackthevillain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Too young to vote but BNP all the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads