Where is the human race heading? Watch

rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pol pot noodles)
Osama was not human. He was the spawn of Lucifer, an evil degenerate monster, who spouted nonsensical hatred and brainwashed and groomed youngster, he is repsonsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent civilians with numerous terroist attacks in the last two decades.
You may think we should show remorse, but then perhaps you were not affected by the countless dastardly deeds Osama perpetrated.
Well put.

I do agree with OP to a degree though, it sickens me how disposable life is nowadays.
MTR_10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by harvie_316)
On Sunday a human being died, regardless of what they did or have claim to have done, it doesn't change the fact they were HUMAN. There were swarms of people outside cheering the death of another human, and drinking beers and smoking cigars, not to celebrate human life, but the joy that someone has died. Even prime misters and Presidents were happy, WTF?
I agree. It's sad. There is always a mentality in this country that you should kill before you are killed with little regard for empathy or compassion for another individual. We treat people like dirt, marginalise them, bully them and kick them around. Then we look at horror at the consequences of our actions.
melanie833
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have to agree. Perhaps Osama's death was for the greater good. I won't pretend to know the politics of it or whether it will benefit people. And if it was, then perhaps, yes, that should be acknowledged. But what rather disturbs me is the joy. Relief, even perhaps approval, I can understand. But celebration at the end of a life? I do not understand.

I think to paint the world in black in white, the idea that certain people 'deserve' to die, is extremely dangerous. No matter where you draw the line. Because that line can always be moved and manipulated, and is as subjective as the opinions of the people that draw it.

And another danger is to paint people like Osama and Hitler and Stalin etc... as "evil." As if they had some inherent supernatural malevolance that seperates them from normal people. They were human. Flesh and blood. They weren't any different from us. To distance ourselves from them that way is foolish, because it denies that very fact. We need to understand: we are all capable of immense darkness and hatred. We need to be careful of ourselves. To say "It's okay that I enjoyed Osamas death because I'm good and he's bad" is a fallacy. Good and bad are just vague man-made concepts and the fact is: enjoying someone being gunned down is sadism whatever way you look at it.

I'm not saying the American actions were wrong, per se. Perhaps they did make the right and most practical choice. But there's a difference between deciding punishment is appropriate and deciding punishment is fun.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree OP. Death of a human is death of a human. It is rather disturbing to see people celebrating and throwing parties.

Yes, he was an evil man and as many say it is perhaps for the greater good that he was killed, but...

To the West, Osama was evil, to others he may have been the good guy.

To us (the West), we are the good guys, but to others we are evil.

"There is no good or bad, only thinking makes it so" - Hamlet.

Good and evil depend on your point of view.

Is the US not also "evil" for the following?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imOU9...layer_embedded
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.53%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.37%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.68%

Watched Threads