Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Star Wars: The Old Republic Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i really got excited when i first heard/ saw trailers etc. No since im starting uni sept i really dont wanna waste my time and get distracted by an MMO. which it came out now tbh atleast i could play a free trial over summer :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndon1504)
    No I havn't yet, I'm not even entirely sure what class path I want to go down yet!
    Are you going to be Sith or Republic?

ReputationRep:
    They've gone overboard with their PR campaign to be honest, I reached saturation point and peaked in excitement far too long before launch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    They've gone overboard with their PR campaign to be honest, I reached saturation point and peaked in excitement far too long before launch.
    True, but it doesn't mean it won't be a bloody good game.

ReputationRep:
    At last, a change of breath in the MMO world after a long time of not having a Sci-Fi MMO.

Can't wait to play my Sith Warrior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pochi_X)
    At last, a change of breath in the MMO world after a long time of not having a Sci-Fi MMO.

Can't wait to play my Sith Warrior.
    Hehe. I'm going to be going as Sith

At first I wanted to go as a warrior but now I'm thinking of going as an Inquisitor instead.. seems more interesting maybe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Are you going to be Sith or Republic?
    Sith, definitely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndon1504)
    Sith, definitely!
    Good Maybe you could join the guild I'm in then: www.rising-darkness.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Twi'leks

ReputationRep:
    Was a frequent on the SWTOR forums since early 2009 until they got rid of the Off Topic section. Now I just frequent the SWTOR OT Alliance forum which I'm a moderator on. I would recommend it for anyone interested in the game and a little banter/trolling. Cannot wait for the game though as I haven't had any of MMO to keep my occupied since I quit WoW.

P.S First post, woo.

ReputationRep:
    Sith Inquisitor << Oh yeah

I wonder if it will be better than pwnscape :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. I'm going to be going as Sith

At first I wanted to go as a warrior but now I'm thinking of going as an Inquisitor instead.. seems more interesting maybe...
    Inquisitor is interesting indeed, as you can be a caster/healer or even assassin style of gameplay.

But they don't have Force Charge like the Warriors, which is really the MAIN reason I've choosen a Warrior instead of SI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pochi_X)
    Inquisitor is interesting indeed, as you can be a caster/healer or even assassin style of gameplay.

But they don't have Force Charge like the Warriors, which is really the MAIN reason I've choosen a Warrior instead of SI.
    Well. I was a healer in WoW (Pally) so maybe the Inquisitor will suit me.

ReputationRep:
    Well. I was a healer in WoW (Pally) so maybe the Inquisitor will suit me.
    We'll, does being a pally is fun in the first place for you?

ReputationRep:
    IT'S AN ABOMINATION!!!

I won't be buying it because I don't have the time for MMO's, but that's not to say it won't be a good MMO, it is Bioware after all. (I've quietly forgiven them for DA2 since they gave me a copy of ME2 for free, which more than makes up for it.)

Wonder if the whole game has cinematics like this:

They're damn good.

ReputationRep:
    I have been stalking this game for SO LONG. The original KOTOR was awesome, KOTOR II Not so much, and I'm not usually a fan of MMOs but I am definitely going to make an exception for this one. I'm planning on playing a smuggler.

What have people heard about release dates? I've heard between shortly before Christmas this year and as late as July 2012

ReputationRep:
    10% Best game ever
    90% WoW Clone

Until mmo's go beyond dressing up your barbie doll at end game and have something more competitive and immersive, I will buy something else.

ReputationRep:
    Course I'm interested, it's Bioware and Star wars. Even seems to be living up to expectations from beta tester opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    10% Best game ever
    90% WoW Clone

Until mmo's go beyond dressing up your barbie doll at end game and have something more competitive and immersive, I will buy something else.
    Ever wondered why you have so much neg rep?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: December 28, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.