Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How was the Economics paper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    what did you lot get for the question with the demand curve.

the answers mainly reffering to prce elasity, which one did you lot get?

ReputationRep:
    What was the 'B' answer for the PPF question on the chart. I recall C and B being similar worded answers.

I think i put C.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here do the OCR Market System Paper today?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i too did the question about the tin. for the last question about 1 demand and 1 supply that would cause a change in demand for tin what did you put?????????

ReputationRep:
    for demand i put a new substitue might come into market which is cheaper than tin makeing demand for Tin decrease and that would also mean a price decrease. i aslo put someting about it becoming price elastic.

i think the iea of a new sub is worong so i think i messed up on this answer.

and for supply i wrote about indonesia cutting the export restriction which would mean there would be increase in supply leading to price decrease in TIN

what did you put?

ReputationRep:
    I put:

A new cheaper substitue- but which would make people switch their purchases.

For supply, i put: Decrease wages for the workers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah for demand i put: new cheaper substitute
    And supply: better technologies

ReputationRep:
    for demand i put the introduction of a substitute
    and for supply i put the entry of a new firm onto the market

ReputationRep:
    can the first poster change the title to unit one econiomics edexcel, seein as this is the main paper of discussion and its confusing otherwise.

i found really alrite, apart from ont the tin question i wrote about PED not PES! nooo 5 marks!!!!!! so gutted after. its really annoying me because i know how to answer it!

one thing that threw me and i reckon people would have fallen for the trap when they had the demand curve and it was about have elasticity changes, two were obviously not the answers, but B saids it goes from inelastic to elastic. and d just said elasticity varies. i nearly put B but i wokred about it goes from elastic to inelastic so it had to be D.

i think i put C for the one about the opportunity cost, the more agrilcuture, the bigger the opportunity cost.

i was soo pushed for time, i finished as she said pens down, i didnt get a chance to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    one thing that threw me and i reckon people would have fallen for the trap when they had the demand curve and it was about have elasticity changes, two were obviously not the answers, but B saids it goes from inelastic to elastic. and d just said elasticity varies. i nearly put B but i wokred about it goes from elastic to inelastic so it had to be D.
    Well I was a bit confused by that question, becuase like you I worked out that it goes from elastic to inelastic (somthing like -5.0 to -0.2) but I wans't sure whether i had done the calculations correct so I put B.

Grrrr I'm so annoyed with that paper. The previous ones were much easier compared to that. I definitely want an A, but more importantly I wanted 85+/90 for ums score which i don't think I'll get now.

ReputationRep:
    I did this paper. I found it pretty difficult, espically with time aspect, not enough time at all, I barely had time to think. We worked it out at 3 mins 45 seconds per multiple choice question which is nothing. I hope I've just passed really. I did the long question about oil. And I screwed up the elasticity thing. Doh.

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA units 1, 2 and 3 as I messed up last year. Unit 1 and 2 we ok I guess, but on unit 3 I did shockingly bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    Grrrr I'm so annoyed with that paper. The previous ones were much easier compared to that. I definitely want an A, but more importantly I wanted 85+/90 for ums score which i don't think I'll get now.
    i'm the same as you, although i dont think it was particulary hard but i made stupid mistakes like on section b i mistook pes for ped so ive lost the whole 5 marks. really annoyed with myself as i was also aiming for close to, if not 100%. two years ago somebody got 34/40 and still got 100% and i didnt think the paper was a particulary hard 1, even though i lost 5 marks, i had no time to check and im really careless so i would have dropped a few more. ahhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    don't worry everyone. by the sounds of it we should have of done well. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What are the grade boundries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott Storch)
    What are the grade boundries?
    Well on the examiners report for June 2005 it said 25 out of 40 (remember they halve your section A score, for whatever reason) is an A. This equated to 72 ums. So hopefully it will be a little lower this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily_x)
    yay i got 0.5 too

in the multiple choice for the second question (the possibility frontiers) did anybody get C?

did anyone do unit 2 and if so how did u find it?
    I did the unit 2. It was impossible . I did q2 about the tobacco but didnt have anything relevant to write for the 10 mark questions :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Looking at what you guys got as answers, it's made me feel a bit better because I got 0.5, D-varies in elasticity etc however it still was a bit tricky in places. I really want to get an A though and a good UMS. Ah well, I'll see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    you think boundreis will go down?

and also what did you wriet for the anseer of question 1 :p:

ReputationRep:
    i done edexcel unit 1, i did the oil data response i messed up, big time, time went so fast as the multiple choice took longer to solve. good luck to the unit 4 edexcel students

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.