Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To be honest this whole thing sounds pretty stupid.

ReputationRep:
    First world problems. I'm sure you won't suffer too much trauma if you don't have a charger for a while.

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of owning property is so you can be selfish with it. When someone else's use of that property becomes an inconvenience to you, that is the time to stop letting them use it. There should be no problem with that whatsoever - only gratitude for being permitted to use it at all.

ReputationRep:
    First World problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    It's true that not everyone can keep up with people who articulate themselves properly. However, that is not one of these times. So your comment just comes across as trollish and childish, giving you the appearance of being a bit thick.

Perhaps you wonder why more people don't post like profesh does, it's because most, myself included, wouldn't know where to begin in pulling it off. It's not that I can't understand the vocabulary he has at his disposal, but that most people (again myself included) are stuck in their ways with the words they use. The result being they rarely go out of their comfort zone unless they're required to do so. If his style of posting intimidates you, that's your problem.
    What an overreaction. :rolleyes: I wasn't intending to troll or make it seem like it annoyed me, I was just marvelling at his choice of vocabulary on a student site most people use to just have a chat/ slanging match on. I found it more amusing then anything. It sounds so formal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The whole point of owning property is so you can be selfish with it. When someone else's use of that property becomes an inconvenience to you, that is the time to stop letting them use it. There should be no problem with that whatsoever - only gratitude for being permitted to use it at all.
    Thankyou, Perfect.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.