Hardest humanities A-Level? Watch

Boom533
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
design/art will take up the most time, but may be enjoyable.

History/English are the hardest...
FuzzySheep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depending on your specification (AQA Lit A was hell on earth!) then I'd say English Lit. On top of that, it is subject to some very odd marking. Still a very worthwhile A Level to have though, and a really interesting one too if you've got the right course and the right teacher.
Akbar2k7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History
ForensicShoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alientrooper)
Geography because the case studies have to be so anal -.-
Anal eh? :sexface:
Freiheit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History
ktlaurenroe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History/English Literature/any MFL.
GTFreddy
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
Latin definately.

I do History and English and Latin is so much harder than both of them, it just kills me.
pensandpencils
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
philosophy/eng lit
Ham_Sandwich
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Art was ok, but jeez did it take up a lot of time - so it was hard in that respect.
Philosophy was hard too, so much reading!
DellaLouise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Out of the humanities A levels I did I would say English. (is it really counted as one though?) You have to be committed otherwise the texts will bore you to death.
I did Geography as well. Personally I didn't find it as hard but if science confuses you easily some of the Physical geography topics might confuse you. Also the amount of detail needed for case studies gives you a headache :rolleyes:
Solen.132
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess a lot of people would say History, but I love it and find that I get my best marks there; personally I'd say English Lit.
SpunkyVanDros
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Viggo2790)
Philosophy or English.
i tried taking both of them...dropped them like it was hot. before i killed myself.
XxelliexX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't really think that the answers to this thread are going to be particularly useful, nobody here is going to have studied every single humanities subject in order to give an accurate response! And whether a subject is 'hard' or not is entirely subjective!
oliemarles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do English Lit and Geography, and find I struggle more at Geography than English. But they are both hard. Geography is mainly banter though!
OhMyAbdil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've studied English, History and Philosophy at college and I can assure you that Philosophy is the hardest humanities A-Level by a mile. It requires a great deal of extra reading and it exercises your logic in a way no other humanities subject can. It's complete hell if you aren't a very logical person, but it is an interesting and well-respected A-Level. I thoroughly enjoyed History, and it was the subject I got my highest mark in. If you master the essay-writing techniques and do your revision there is no reason why you shouldn't do well. Both English Language and English Literature are difficult, and to be fair the examiners can be quite dodgy sometimes but it pales in comparison to Philosophy.

Overall they're all brilliant A-Levels and you should be very proud if you've come out with a grade in any of them.
maryamzahid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History hands down. so much content to learn, shortly followed by geography and then R.E.
Henry_Tudor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do History Geography RS (and DT)

DT takes the most timely a long way!
History can be difficult to get to grips with the exam tekkers
geography there is a lot of remember but once you understand the themes it's ok.
RS (Philiosophy and Ethics) the exam questions can be very specific and ambiguous! (Well at least for OCR)
Azarimanka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Classical Greek.
Plainview
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History, for me. Definitely the most time-consuming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise