Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    I could also hear the bizarre sound of someone running around in circles above my room very late at night.
    :teehee: That's curious. And you never found out what it was?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)

Or I get out the broom. Like Mr Heckles in Friends.

:giggle:

Loud music doesn't particularly bother me, as I'm guilty of playing it pretty loud sometimes. What does bother me, is if it's loud crap music.
    I was sat on the train for an hour the other day with a girl sat next to me with swagger jagger on loudly. And on repeat. For the entire hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxydelic54)
    :giggle:

Loud music doesn't particularly bother me, as I'm guilty of playing it pretty loud sometimes. What does bother me, is if it's loud crap music.
    I was sat on the train for an hour the other day with a girl sat next to me with swagger jagger on loudly. And on repeat. For the entire hour
    Oh dear.. :erm: was she trying to learn the lyrics or something?

For me I get annoyed as I find it hard to sleep when there is noise, but otherwise I listen to my own music anyway at home or out and about. Being on public transport when your mp3 player isn't working usually ends up with being stuck with someone with poor musical taste or the 'tsh, tsh, tsh' noise of music too loud, but not loud enough if you know what I mean?

That is sometimes annoying on the way to work or a long journey. I sound like an old woman!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I remember when my flatmates ran up and down the hall banging pots at 9am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Computerised)
    I remember when my flatmates ran up and down the hall banging pots at 9am.
    9am isn't early... That's like the middle of the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Oh dear.. :erm: was she trying to learn the lyrics or something?

For me I get annoyed as I find it hard to sleep when there is noise, but otherwise I listen to my own music anyway at home or out and about. Being on public transport when your mp3 player isn't working usually ends up with being stuck with someone with poor musical taste or the 'tsh, tsh, tsh' noise of music too loud, but not loud enough if you know what I mean?

That is sometimes annoying on the way to work or a long journey. I sound like an old woman!:eek:
    I've no idea - but why on earth would anyone want to learn the lyrics to that excuse of a song?!

Yeah I know what you mean, its not loud enough that you know what song it is but loud enough that you can hear the 'tsh tsh tsh'! I always get stuck next to chavs listening to dross :mad: although one day last week I was fortunate enought to sit next to a guy that was listening to Metallica. I didn't mind his music being too loud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    9am isn't early... That's like the middle of the morning.
    That's besides the point. Why on earth are they lined up in full marching order doing a pots and pans orchestra down my hall?

And this was 9am on a Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of. But I'm too much of a little girl to do ask more than once for reprieve, so I just put some headphones in and listen to Vangelis.

I had a halls neighbour who'd play "24" on his playstation until 4am. i used to leave my alarm ringing at 6.30 to get a small bit of justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor Chip)
    Dunno why you were downrated, I'm in exactly the same situation. Play my music pretttty loud, but I'd be more than happy to turn it down. Wouldn't play it before 12:00 midday anyway, since my flatmates are nocturnal.
    Thanks, don't you just hate being downrated for no reason. People should just have the guts to complain, I never had a problem with telling my flatmates to go turn it down, and I know mine wouldn't either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxydelic54)
    I've no idea - but why on earth would anyone want to learn the lyrics to that excuse of a song?!

Yeah I know what you mean, its not loud enough that you know what song it is but loud enough that you can hear the 'tsh tsh tsh'! I always get stuck next to chavs listening to dross :mad: although one day last week I was fortunate enought to sit next to a guy that was listening to Metallica. I didn't mind his music being too loud
    I haven't even heard that swagger jagger song, I just know it's terrible. :mmm:

I was once on the train and a few seat in front was a guy moshing on his own. Good fun watching him doing air guitar as well.

Dancers on the Tube are another favourite...chavs should be seen (sparingly) and not heard.

ReputationRep:
    i live in a shared house so its a bit different but my neighbours are ridiculous. they play loud music up until about half ten which is fine, then they go out. Come back in at 3/4am and turn it back on! louder! they have to shout to each other the music is so loud & i literally can hear every word they're saying, as well as the wall my bed is against constantly vibrating from the bass.

i can see why in halls its kinda to be expected, but this isnt just a student road. my boyfriend is on his placement year so he gets up at 7 & there are families who live around here too. i think its just inconsiderate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. If it disturbs you then it is entirely your business. I don't really know what the "rules" are time wise, but you aboslutely can ask a neighbour to turn it down if it's late at night. What makes you think you have the right to keep people up all night?
    Listen to your music by all means... But either turn it down or use headphones if it's night time.
    Why? There are no limits to any behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix)
    What others do is not your business.
    You have obviously made a mistake in arranging your sentence,,,

what you should have said,

'people who play loud music SHOULD NOT make it other peoples business by playing it so loud'

honestly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix)
    Why? There are no limits to any behaviour.
    Yes there is. It's antisocial behaviour (if it's late at night), and there are laws against these things. You can't make such exessive noise between 11pm-7am legally, which is why your neighbours have every right to ask you to be quieter, and call the police/environmental protection if you do not improve.

If you are disturbing other people's lives by playing loud music late at night, it is very much their business, and they have ever right to ask you to stop.

ReputationRep:
    It usually depends on where I am. There have been a few occassions where there were chavvy people playing music loudly in the study room. I found that incredibly rude and distracting. It wouldn't bother me so much if it was in the common room, but not the study room where people want to work. If I am in town and I hear people playing music loudly in their cars, on the street, etc. it usually is chavvy people, but each to their own I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Box)
    Seems to be that in halls theres always loud music playing somewhere.
    Does it annoy you? Or do you take other peoples pounding bass at all hours in your stride?
    How i laughed when i saw this thread while blasting the ting ting's..

ReputationRep:
    if its at a stupid time and you're trying to sleep, then yes.
    and if it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is. It's antisocial behaviour (if it's late at night), and there are laws against these things. You can't make such exessive noise between 11pm-7am legally, which is why your neighbours have every right to ask you to be quieter, and call the police/environmental protection if you do not improve.

If you are disturbing other people's lives by playing loud music late at night, it is very much their business, and they have ever right to ask you to stop.
    lol... no. anybody can do anything they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix)
    lol... no. anybody can do anything they want.
    Ah, you're a troll. I see.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.