Turn on thread page Beta

What Everybody Ought to Know About Social Conditioning watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never met a Smiths fan who wears orange shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)
    Just because I do some things that are within the 'system' doesn't mean I don't think for myself regarding my life choices.
    screenager is right.

There is no link between people that do/don't do things that are within the 'system' and people that don't/do think for themselves, or vice versa. You only think this is so because of your social conditioning. But what do I know anyway, I myself am socially conditioned.

You are part of the system whether you like it or not, thus you are also socially conditioned by the system.

Nice way to show free thinking by copying somebody else's article by the way (most of the points are BS too lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)
    I read a great blog post today about how we as humans are socially conditioned creatures, who rarely think for themselves (I am one of those rare people who DO think for myself and live life on MY terms, not society's terms)

Do you want to stay under the constraints of social conditioning? Or do you want to live how you want to live, like what you want to like, and date who you want to date?
    It's too late at night for me to construct a coherent reply to what you've written but if you haven't read it already you would probably enjoy Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.