Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A spider , wasp or an injection oh gosh they would be so scary.

ReputationRep:
    probably like a snake or a spider, as they both terrify me, id probably say snake though. im also really freaked out by clowns but its always been snakes since i was like 9/10 and had a dream that i was in a reptile house, with really nasty poisonous snakes and stuff and all the tanks/enclosures suddenly shattered and they were everywhere, just coming at me and there was no one to help me cos i was alone and screaming for help but no-one came and i died in a sea of snakes. there were other reptiles as well as the snakes they were the worst of them. its also one of the only dreams i have ever remembered having as i usually forget them when im awake but it always stuck with me, trust me to only remember the one truly terrifying dream iv ever had. i cant go places like reptile houses anymore, which is very inconvenient when we went to the zoo 2 days after my dream, had to stand outside while everyone else went in.

think mine would probably be a clown advancing towards me with a ton of snakes. no idea how to ridikulus it better, maybe if they were like balloon snakes and an inflatable clown i could pop and deflate or something.

my other fear is very small spaces,ever since being in a very enclosed mri machine with my shoulders held in place and the cagey thing over my head, never realised how much i hated being closed in like that till they did it to me for a whole bloody hour completely unable to move. but with a bogart that wouldnt really affect me so im sticking with snakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)
    Seriously? Damnn
    Well, not too extremely. Mainly I just have to keep all windows closed unless I'm watching them (although I know garden spiders usually stay outside...) and get my fiance to check the bathroom/bedroom at night time and the bathroom in the morning before I can use them. But it doesn't stop me going places. And in a month or so when all the spiders die or hibernate then I'll hopefully be better!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh and what was hermiones? Damn my lack of Harry potter knowledge
    She had a fear of failure - Professor McGonagall (actually the boggart) told her she failed everything.

Mine would be getting something wrong in front of all of the people I've ever known, and for them to be laughing and judging me harshly about it.

Can't think of a riddikulus for it. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I bet ISA's would be an Oxbridge rejection letter.

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't know... I kinda wanna meet one now just to find out

Hermione's was Prof Mcgonagall telling her she had failed everything! In the third book Lupin sets a course of dark magical creatures to defeat for the end of year exams and Hermione comes flying out crying because "It was prof Mcgonagall! She said I failed everything!" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know how mine would work... my worst fear is being dead, and the fact that I'll never think or be aware or feel or anything ever again... the point of the fear is that I don't know it, and it's forever, so yeah don't think mine could really be portrayed that way? Other than that, my second worst fear would most probably be my boyfriend dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuietOne)
    She had a fear of failure - Professor McGonagall (actually the boggart) told her she failed everything.

Mine would be getting something wrong in front of all of the people I've ever known, and for them to be laughing and judging me harshly about it.

Can't think of a riddikulus for it. Any ideas?
    Make them all naked, then they'd be all embarrased, you'd be the only clothed one in the room ;D

ReputationRep:
    I think mine would be failure, humiliation.

ReputationRep:
    Thing I'm most afraid of is accidentally telling someone the ****ed up stuff I have done in the past or them finding out about the freak show that is my mind.

So it's probably be a councillor or something. I sincerely doubt I'd have the force of will to repel it so it'd probably eat me (or whatever they do to you if they get you) while I was sat on the floor, paralytic with shame.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not telling the internet what my biggest fear is...

ReputationRep:
    Other than my family dead, which is just a nasty thing to even think, if it decided to give me my 2nd biggest fear it would be of a expanse of water with me drowning in that water. To make it funny i'd probably use riddikulus to create a big sun to vaporise the water and instead i'm fighting for my life on a huge expanse of chocolate, or something equally as edible.

It's always been the death of a loved one.

(Original post by History-Student)
    Thing I'm most afraid of is accidentally telling someone the ****ed up stuff I have done in the past or them finding out about the freak show that is my mind.

So it's probably be a councillor or something. I sincerely doubt I'd have the force of will to repel it so it'd probably eat me (or whatever they do to you if they get you) while I was sat on the floor, paralytic with shame.
    And this exactly as well. I was surprised someone might bring up something this similar.

Although to expand my personal view slightly, not only someone finding out or knowing but having to live in the knowledge and memories of the stuff you've done. The day you can selectively remove bad memories without it having a drastic effect on the experiences that have shaped you into the person you are - will be a good day. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuroshokora)
    I'm not telling the internet what my biggest fear is...
    I see what you did there....

ReputationRep:
    Probably failure too.

About two years ago I was coming up to the last corner in a race, and my front wheel washed out. As I picked myself up, the crowds on either side of me cheering me to go on, I have never felt a more empty, limitless feeling. I remember it so clearly, as well. The little twig that was under me, the sand on my helmet falling away, and just this horrible feeling of failing. Coming so close, and having it snatched away from you at the last moment.

Being too scared to look up and face the crowd, and just wanting nothing more then to rewind time and start off again.

That's my biggest fear, that empty, hollow feeling when you've come so close and failed at the last hurdle. Though, it taught me to put 110% into everything, to ensure it doesn't happen again.

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't know... I kinda wanna meet one now just to find out

Shame on you.

Mine would be a huge pile of mashed bananas OR something running around or breathing down my neck but I can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    I don't really know how mine would work... my worst fear is being dead, and the fact that I'll never think or be aware or feel or anything ever again... the point of the fear is that I don't know it, and it's forever, so yeah don't think mine could really be portrayed that way? Other than that, my second worst fear would most probably be my boyfriend dead.
    I've always found it strange that people fear death... You wont know you're dead so you wont be able to be scared... cos you just wont BE anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I think the scariest nightmare I've ever had was:
    (Not knowing I was asleep because it started in my room at night so I thought I'd just woken up halfway through the night) I could hear noises in the garden so I went to the kitchen to knock on the window and scare the foxes away (that's what we always did to get them away from the rabbit hutches). I turned on the light in the garden and a big fox jumped off the roof of the shed and came towards the house. I was knocked on the window to scare it away, it went right up to the door so I moved over to that to try and make sone noise. Then it turned into this really old, weird gypsy woman who was just staring at me silently which somehow made my hand start moving towards the handle so that I'd open the door and let her in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    ... The day you can selectively remove bad memories without it having a drastic effect on the experiences that have shaped you into the person you are - will be a good day. :moon:
    Please refrain from reading my thoughts & posting them in people's threads in the future :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IPlayThePiccolo)
    I've always found it strange that people fear death... You wont know you're dead so you wont be able to be scared... cos you just wont BE anymore.
    They probably fear dying rather than death. Most people don't seem to pass away peacefully in their sleep :moon:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2012
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.