Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Oh dear, I'm not very strong!

Ahh yeah, that sounds reasonable. I had a mini panic there when I started to think about it, I hadn't considered it before Yeah, porter's lodge sounds a good plan. All my friends at different unis have already found out by post/email etc what room/building they're in, and when my parents found out they started papping that I've missed an email about it or something.

Do you move in Saturday or Sunday?
    i thought it was quite strange that we don't find out before we get there but can kinda understand why the university does it. i am moving in on sunday, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Boobies and get well soon. :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bringmesunshine)
    i thought it was quite strange that we don't find out before we get there but can kinda understand why the university does it. i am moving in on sunday, yourself?
    I don't really understand why at all, haha - maybe I'm just missing something. Not that I'm complaining, I don't really have a preference either way, It just seems like it would save a lot of messing about for the university on the day if we already knew.

Same, moving on Sunday as well. I'm kinda glad it's Sunday - I'll be able to go and visit my grandparents before I go They're going to be really upset I think, my grandma's already cried a few times about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    Good luck Boobies and get well soon. :lovehug:
    Thanks a lot, I'll try!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, I'll try!
    No problem.

Nice people come out strong. What were the circumstances of this accident ......how did it come about? What happened to the other party? Arrested? etc....

ReputationRep:
    Didn't notice you posting about having a car crash... Might be an idea to let the uni know about it if you haven't already.

ReputationRep:
    That's a point actually, do you have any idea what we do/where we go when we get there? I haven't had any emails about it or anything, so i've no idea at all haha!

There'll be reps all over, either hanging around waiting for someone to help or carrying a load of stuff for other freshers. Just ask us whatever, whenever (it was hard at times last year, some people practically fled from us so they didn't get the free help).

Go to the porter's lodge which is next to Furness accommodation toward inner campus. They'll give you your room key and a pack of stuff and when you come back towards the accommodation to get your stuff and move in the reps will all know exactly where to take you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaHaFace)
    There'll be reps all over, either hanging around waiting for someone to help or carrying a load of stuff for other freshers. Just ask us whatever, whenever (it was hard at times last year, some people practically fled from us so they didn't get the free help).

Go to the porter's lodge which is next to Furness accommodation toward inner campus. They'll give you your room key and a pack of stuff and when you come back towards the accommodation to get your stuff and move in the reps will all know exactly where to take you.
    Ah fantastic, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Boobies and I hope you keep this blog going as I think it will be good.

I've seen your posts on TSR and I didn't realise you were actually that young, I presumed you were a veteran student...anyway your posts are usually witty and funny and you seem like the type of person that would be a fun flatmate in halls.

Hope you are bearing up well after the accident and good luck with your arrival at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I don't know very many people at all outside Blackburn who call it tea!
    Haha sounds awesome Thanks a lot
    I call it tea! And I'm from Shropshire :cool:
    Also hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DellaLouise)
    I call it tea! And I'm from Shropshire :cool:
    Also hope you feel better soon! :hugs:
    Hurrah! Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    What's attention-seeking about that? Or this thread?

It's the holidays, I haven't got much to do :dontknow: Other people started fresher's blogs, I thought it might be a good idea to do one myself.
    sorry about that, really sorry, got you confused with another tsr user who has a similair name to yours. sounds good, what you gonna study at lancaster?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so, according to my countdown app I now have

Five days left

before fresher's begins!

Today, I have been shopping for new clothes! EDIT: Guys, a warning - this post is going to be mostly if not all about clothes. The reason being, all of my wardrobe seems to be summer outfits. I can't even remember what I wore last winter, but I have nothing suitable for cold weather (I say this, today was absolutely boiling for some reason - probably because it's the only day that I decided to take a coat)

So i bought.. two skirts, two jumpers, a cardigan, two dresses, a blouse, a scarf, tights and a cardigan-with-top-attached-thing from Next. Then I went to Primark, got a dressing gown (The one I use now is fine for around the house, but too short really for halls), shoes, another scarf and a long cardigan. I'm quite tall (well, taller than average.. 5'7, 5'8, something like that), so I suit these more than short ones.

So yeah got myself a decent winter wardrobe.

One thing I am a bit concerned about though is clubbing - I live in a town where they don't ID, so I've been clubbing plenty of times before over the past couple of years, but my friends aren't really 'clubbing' people, and if I'm honest, I think I much prefer going out for a drink where you can actually talk to your friends. So I haven't really got anything that I could wear for clubbing anymore - Anything old that I haven't worn in ages I threw out the other month. I'm thinking that I could maybe buy a black skirt and wear the blouse I bought today with it for going out, and I have a really old LBD but it's a bit revealing, I usually wear it with a cardigan which I can't really do for clubbing

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful to hear them. I haven't got a great amount of money to go out buying lots of dresses :/

Also, I need a big camaflauge top for Army fancy dress! I can't seem to find one anywhere at the moment. I want one that's quite baggy, so maybe getting a men's Large or something so I can belt it around the waste and wear it with my camo shorts. Must find one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    sorry about that, really sorry, got you confused with another tsr user who has a similair name to yours. sounds good, what you gonna study at lancaster?
    Oh okay, no problem Accounting, Auditing and Finance - the EY degree

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I don't know very many people at all outside Blackburn who call it tea!
    Haha sounds awesome Thanks a lot
    I also call it 'tea' and I'm from St. Helens... If you've no idea where that is, (and I'm sure you don't, because not many people do) it's a fairly large ****-hole of a town in between Liverpool and Manchester. I tend to say it's near Manchester when anybody asks where it is, even though it is geographically closer to Liverpool, because to tell you the truth; I'm not a huge fan of scousers. :cool:

Rather ironically though,I'm studying at The University of Liverpool, so I can't get a way from the obnoxious buggers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raz_Webster_MUFC)
    I also call it 'tea' and I'm from St. Helens... If you've no idea where that is, (and I'm sure you don't, because not many people do) it's a fairly large ****-hole of a town in between Liverpool and Manchester. I tend to say it's near Manchester when anybody asks where it is, even though it is geographically closer to Liverpool, because to tell you the truth; I'm not a huge fan of scousers. :cool:

Rather ironically though,I'm studying at The University of Liverpool, so I can't get a way from the obnoxious buggers!
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who call it tea.. I really thought it was just us lot haha!
    No I've not heard of it, I think the only reason that people have heard of Blackburn is because of Rovers
    Haha I don't mind Liverpool that much! The shopping centre is fantastic. I've been a couple of times, and for some reason, the first time I went I was completely shocked that everyone had a scouse accent. I thought that the media exaggerated it, but everyone does speak like that!

What are you studying at Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who call it tea.. I really thought it was just us lot haha!
    No I've not heard of it, I think the only reason that people have heard of Blackburn is because of Rovers
    Haha I don't mind Liverpool that much! The shopping centre is fantastic. I've been a couple of times, and for some reason, the first time I went I was completely shocked that everyone had a scouse accent. I thought that the media exaggerated it, but everyone does speak like that!

What are you studying at Liverpool?
    People all over the North-West say it, because we're common as muck haha.
    Rovers and Diana Vickers!!
    I'd have thought that people would have heard of St. Helens because we're well known for our accomplishments in the Rugby Super League, but instead it seems we're more known for our incest rates, especially by neighbouring towns and cities

Don't get me wrong, it is a really nice place and I can see why it was capital of culture in 2008, but there are far too many scumbags who live there.. I don't have any time for scumbags! :mad:

I'm studying Criminology with Sociology, I started yesterday (but this week is introductory lectures, no real learning going on until next week)

ReputationRep:
    It's common across the north (very prevalent in the north east) and into the Midlands.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, no problem Accounting, Auditing and Finance - the EY degree
    hmm nice!! whats an EY degree??

ReputationRep:
    Rovers and Diana Vickers!!
    I'd have thought that people would have heard of St. Helens because we're well known for our accomplishments in the Rugby Super League, but instead it seems we're more known for our incest rates, especially by neighbouring towns and cities

Don't get me wrong, it is a really nice place and I can see why it was capital of culture in 2008, but there are far too many scumbags who live there.. I don't have any time for scumbags! :mad:

I'm studying Criminology with Sociology, I started yesterday (but this week is introductory lectures, no real learning going on until next week)
    Hey! I'm not common as muck
    Oh God No. Diana Vickers didn't even come from Blackburn, she lived in Accrington, which is just closeby but unheardof. They said she came from Blackburn to try and get more local support :facepalm:
    Ahh, I pay little attention to rugby (Mostly because I don't understand the game - girls are discouraged from playing it in schools so I never got around to learning)
    Haha, oh dear. We in Blackburn are all pretty suspicious about the possibly incestuous goings-on in Burnley, as demonstrated by many of our football chants.

Sounds awesome, How's your fresher's going?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.