Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is a famous poem written by Rudyard Kipling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viggo2790)
    And Everything? Yes I thought so.
    You misunderstand. It is the answer to the question of "Everything" not the answer to every question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    You misunderstand. It is the answer to the question of "Everything" not the answer to every question
    Yes but what is the question etc.............. I can see I have transformed into a troll. I will now hide under a bridge.

ReputationRep:
    The best answer is 'When'.

'I will go out with you if you lose weight'.

'If?'

'When.' (i.e. clarifiying for the rather slow questioner- 'I will go out with you when you lose weight'.

'If' depends on some event either continuing, newly occurring or stopping. The period of time is important in this matter otherwise there would be no reason to question 'If?' as it would be a constant, like 'If 2+2=4'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKDOG)
    If?

ReputationRep:
    "Then."

Answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    "Then."

Answered.
    If only! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    There's clearly no one answer to this.

A possible is to answer with a question.

If you said 'Why?' you know nothing of the situation so you could just say 'Why not?'

So if someone says 'If?' you could just say 'If not?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    There's clearly no one answer to this.

A possible is to answer with a question.

If you said 'Why?' you know nothing of the situation so you could just say 'Why not?'

So if someone says 'If?' you could just say 'If not?'
    Its not really a grammatical sentence is it

so yeah you could argue its not really a question and therefore has no answers, or to give an answer to it, indeed, is rather pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKDOG)
    If?
    Well, to answer in the affirmative would imply accepting the dominant narrative of modern Western society, which, though it doubtless has its own worth, nonetheless neglects the content of its multiple marginalized metanarratives, the linguistic discharge of the oppressed, which are multiple and contradictory and hence can lead to no coherent grand narrative concerning the meaning of life on the whole but only to a seeming multiplicity of disconnected, yet nonetheless connected organisms interpenetrating for reasons unknown but time will tell* and in accordance with the research of Aristotle and Plato in Ancient Greece we must ask the question again and again and see the different shades which it may conjure in this repetition, hence displaying how the subjectivity of knowledge distorts and at the same time forms the content of our presumed and achieved knowledge so blue clean and pure with a pureness which, if the question were phrased with a slight shift of tone, or if in fact the world were to circle in an unprepared trajectory and collide with Alpha Centauri, would confirm that everything that we know is wrong. In conclusion, science is a flawed methodology.

* university.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.