Turn on thread page Beta

Cleared of Rape but Lacking Full Exoneration watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    it's you again, mr americas judicial system is perfect ! At the point in time had he been exonerated? no
    When have I ever said anything close to the American justice system being perfect? Oh that's right, I haven't and you're just making things up :facepalm:

As for exoneration, he legally cannot be exonerated according to the Commonwealth of Virginia, until he has an appeals - which even the Virginia AG is backing him on, which has never been done before and all but guarantees he'll be exonerated. But as I said, trust you to ignore the facts :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blorcyn)
    Yeah Virginian police are not so good, and absolutely refuse to back down and be proved in the wrong. It's pretty awful. Imagine that happening in the UK, the uproar it would cause. It's the most disproportionate force imaginable, considering he was lured into it as well.
    Oh please, one hyperbolic example does not show a wider trend "Virginian police as not being good". Its absolute nonsense to suggest so; it'd be like using my previous example (in a previous post on the first page) of the miscarriage of justice in the English system, or say the shooting of Charles de Menezes, as a tool for British police being "not so good" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    You're right. We should lock every citizen up, as everyone is 'possibly' a rapist.

Oh wait.

See the problem with presumed guilt now?
    NO.

There was obviously a high levee of indication of guilt for him to be put in prison in the first place, thats where he belongs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.