Turn on thread page Beta

REALLY presumptuous students watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'll be very happy if I'll start on 28k, which will hopefully grow to 50k after ~6 years. That would be after 6 years of medicine at a top tier uni - I hope this isn't too presumptuous.

...or I might be in a dead end FTSTA...

Thinking of it now, I don't think I've met anyone very presumptuous about career prospects, only about how hard it is to get a 2.i.

ReputationRep:
    Money... Who even cares?

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood why people always treat high incomes as things that are out-of-reach. They're not. My family hasn't been doing particularly well in recent years, since my dad's always been self employed (and business took quite a hit with the recession), but there was a time some years back when my technically working class family was earning almost £70,000 PA. How? They wanted it, they aimed for it, and they got it.

You shouldn't shove pessimism down people's throats. A degree isn't an automatic pathway by any means, but if people know where they want to be then it may well be a necessary stepping stone, so if anybody here's presumptuous, it's you.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the people on TSR think going to a top uni guarantees them a job afterwards so no they aren't the only ones. I wouldn't worry about it though, they're deluding themselves. £100,000 a year in human resources? Where did they get that figure from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyStrawberry)
    Most of the people on TSR think going to a top uni guarantees them a job afterwards so no they aren't the only ones. I wouldn't worry about it though, they're deluding themselves. £100,000 a year in human resources? Where did they get that figure from?
    Their rear end

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.