Turn on thread page Beta

How do rugby players weigh so much?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Probably something to do with the density of the muscle. These athletes train for strength and power while the lubed up cover models train for purely size and aesthetics. you've also got to take into consideration that an athletes leg power are arguable as/more essential than upper body especially in sports like rugby. Packing muscle on the legs is where lots of weight stacks up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC armani)
    Obviously they're all at least pretty stacked. You need legs, arms, delts, traps, rhomboids, lats etc. But what I'm trying to work out is how this guy...

...weighs 40lbs more than this guy...

??
    greg doesnt really have legs so that explains some of it, although tbh i think 240lbs is exaggerated a lot. i could believe about 215-220 maybe

ReputationRep:
    Muscles built through sarcoplasmic hypertrophy predominantly such as a bodybuilder/model are less dense than those built through myofibrillar hypertrophy such as a weightlifter/rugby player/american footballer.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.