Turn on thread page Beta

fast food time !!! watch

• View Poll Results: which is your personal favourite?
    kfc
    12.82%
    McDonald's
    17.95%
    burger king
    2.56%
    chinese
    6.41%
    indian
    16.67%
    chippy
    14.10%
    pizza
    19.23%
    subway
    10.26%

ReputationRep:
    Wanted to vote for KFC and pizza, but went with the chicken.... why anyone would choose burger king is beyond me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Yeah, but when I think of my "favourite" fast food, I don't worry about the crappy restaurants I would never visit. I compare the chip shop I would actually use with the McDonalds I would actually use. The chip shop just offers a far higher standard of food all round.

Honestly, it's like comparing an award winning British Real Ale, locally produced yet famous throughout the world, with a commercially produced american bottle of piss flavoured water like Budweiser. The total quantity sold might be less, but to even attempt to compare the quality of the product is laughable.
    Fair do's
    There's nothing quite as good as a battered sausage supper from a chippy

All we have is crappy takeaways though where I live I've actually walked over an hour before just so I could have proper 'chip shop chips'

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds, just ahead of Subway, just ahead of chippy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saberahmed786)
    nothing beats a nice juicy pizza

hmm my mouth is salivating...
    Well there's an adjective I never thought I'd see applied to pizza :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Subway wins everytime XD

ReputationRep:
    mine is the chip shop

Whatever's-freshly-caught and small chips, salt and plenty of vinegar. One of life's true pleasures...

ReputationRep:
    pizza every time for me

ReputationRep:
    It's a tough one between chippers and Indian takeaways.

Chip shops because for a little over 3quid I can get the best chips around, a sausage or savaloy or sausage and batter, curry sauce, and mushy peas/beans. It's Great value for what is a :drool: meal.

Indian because their food is top notch (it's never plasticy like a big mac is). For ~£8 from my local takeaway I can get:

2 veg. samosas
    poppadom
    naan bread
    madras
    special fried rice
    onion salad
    mint sauce

That's a fine variety of food. What a feeling it is to arrive home with the goods and settle down to then think 'where the hell should I start, what a feast I have in front of me'.

I will go with Indian. Their menu is better than anywhere else. Even if you're not a fan of their traditional food, you can always order stuff like tandoori chicken and chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    It's depressing than plastic chain crap like McDonalds is receiving more votes than that most wonderful British institution of fish and chips. I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually prefer a crappy McDonalds ready meal to a beautiful battered cod and chips slathered in salt and vinegar.
    i find that fish from the chippy is always soggy... i usually just get chips. i prefer fish from a pub/restaurant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    It's a tough one between chippers and Indian takeaways.

Chip shops because for a little over 3quid I can get the best chips around, a sausage or savaloy or sausage and batter, curry sauce, and mushy peas/beans. It's Great value for what is a :drool: meal.

Indian because their food is top notch (it's never plasticy like a big mac is). For ~£8 from my local takeaway I can get:

2 veg. samosas
    poppadom
    naan bread
    madras
    special fried rice
    onion salad
    mint sauce

That's a fine variety of food. What a feeling it is to arrive home with the goods and settle down to then think 'where the hell should I start, what a feast I have in front of me'.

I will go with Indian. Their menu is better than anywhere else. Even if you're not a fan of their traditional food, you can always order stuff like tandoori chicken and chips.
    thanks you have made me want to try my locol indian

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.