Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *Average* walking pace for a normal person is 4mph.

A fast pace is closer to 6. Assume you'll do 5 and then yes, easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Aurora)
    Dude I can run a mile in 6 minutes.
    Walking, I think it's more like 15.
    Now skipping on the other hand, aha...
    Michael McIntyre reference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dabest2500)
    Michael McIntyre reference
    Haha yup! Let's not forget about swinging arms aswell aha

ReputationRep:
    Haha yup! Let's not forget about swinging arms aswell aha
    I tried that once... overtook everyone who were queuing up to get on the train :smug:
    They were probably trying to avoid my swinging arms though

ReputationRep:
    I bet you could do an hour each way and an hour at the destination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dabest2500)
    I tried that once... overtook everyone who were queuing up to get on the train :smug:
    They were probably trying to avoid my swinging arms though
    haha!

" Ian! It's dad, I'm on TRAIN"

In the north you like to get to the heart of the sentence.

ReputationRep:
    haha!

" Ian! It's dad, I'm on TRAIN"

In the north you like to get to the heart of the sentence.
    :rofl::lol:

ReputationRep:
    Do you absolutely have to walk the whole way? Why not get the bus/ train for some of the journey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itchy and scratchy)
    Do you absolutely have to walk the whole way? Why not get the bus/ train for some of the journey.
    Why on earth would you get a bus or a train for such a short journey?

Exercise is good for you, more people should take up walking rather than opting for the unhealthy lazy option.

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to easily do it! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Why on earth would you get a bus or a train for such a short journey?

Exercise is good for you, more people should take up walking rather than opting for the unhealthy lazy option.
    Agreed! I only ever get the bus if it'll take me over an hour to walk somewhere.

spam
    But importantly, you have to consider which would be tastier come the impending zombie apocalypse: a load of chubby meaty people, or a race of lean athletes with less to nibble on... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    just take the bus, spares you time.

ReputationRep:
    I've done 4 miles in about 55 minutes and I've done 8 miles in around 2 hours, you should be fine. Exercise is good for you!

I once went into 6th form 10 miles away and had no way of getting home at midday, so walked it and did it under 2 1/2 hours. Should be fine unless over difficult terrain.

I'd much rather walk than take a bus somewhere unless its over 4 miles, far cheaper, the money you save you can buy a drink to keep yourself hydrated and still have change!

ReputationRep:
    Hitchhike? I always use to hitchhike when I had no transport.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd think so, I suppose it depends on how fit you are, obviously though walking should be pretty easy.

Personally walking a mile takes me around 15 minutes, I don't know if that's a brisk pace or not. However I know I keep that pace for 2.5 miles from personal experience and see no reason why I couldn't do 4 miles in around an hour. Thus I'd wager me getting there, doing the activity, then getting back..would probably like 2.25-2.5 hours.

However it could depend on the weather, for example it was very hot today, and will be the same tomorrow. You may go slower, needing to drink, tiring more easily in the heat.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.