Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Might be able to find a Tissot in that budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Real Quaid)
    Such a bad idea to collect watches - he'll never be able to excuse himself for being late!
    no it's easier to excuse yourself for being late just set your watch 5 mins late then say "sorry my watch is running fast and as a result i missed the bus/ train etc. and thats why i'm half an hour late"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    If he's particular about watches maybe let him choose one... I know it'll ruin the surprise but tbh you're unlikely to get one that he likes (I'm sure he'll like whatever coz you got it for him) but will he like the watch itself?
    This, unequivocally. I'm a watch person and without being rude, I'd never want someone to buy a watch for me without asking/me providing ideas.

If you want him to appreciate the thought, just buy him whatever. If you want him to appreciate the thought and wear it, ask him for advice.

ReputationRep:
    The prices :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    most people these days wear them as a fashion accessory or because they think the opposite sex finds it attractive.

I tell the time with my phone and so does everyone else below the age of like 25.
    I tell the time with my watch all the time.

I'm 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    I tell the time with my watch all the time.

I'm 20
    ffs this always happens on tsr :facepalm:

ok, I should have put "most" people. happy? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I was only playing with you mate.

ReputationRep:

I saw a thread where it didn't happen. You should have put this 'usually' happens...

joking

ReputationRep:
    Looked at this?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1SqX3Bqdc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orosestone)
    Hey,

I want to buy my boyfriend a watch for Christmas, though he's very particular about his watches and I don't have a clue! I was thinking of spending between £80 - £150, maybe a leather watch? Can you suggest any decent makes? Where I could get nice watches from? What is good value and what is good to look out for?

Thank you!!
    Look at STORM watches. go on their website.
    Very good quality make, and well within your price range. Some lovely ones for 120-130.

ReputationRep:
    most people these days wear them as a fashion accessory or because they think the opposite sex finds it attractive.

I tell the time with my phone and so does everyone else below the age of like 25.
    What if you are not allowed to take your mobile into work for security issues like me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abir Ishtiaq)
    Uhm yes they do? They aren't out of fashion you know..
    shut up

ReputationRep:
    OP - I'd reccomend checking out Christopher Ward, cracking brand, and some are within your budget and look great as a classy leather strap watch.

People with jobs dont tell the time with their phone, you look like a moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    shut up
    umad? :jebus:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orosestone)
    Hey,

I'd say he has maybe 10 already? Maybe more maybe less... It's a collection thing though, watches are all he's really into when it come to buying presents. I know he has a diesel one, a penguin one erm.... DKNY, Sekonda I think? Though I might have got them wrong
    How VERY sad pathetic. Get him a casio ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Es man)
    did anyone else find when they read this post in their heads it was read in a shouting/loud voice.....?

ANYWAY, try hugo boss watches i guess? u can get a leather strapped one in your price range, honestly? check online for your best offer, or in selfridges! really good for stuff like that
    Hey it got you to click in it though and thanks i will try selfridges x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackspur)
    Might be able to find a Tissot in that budget.
    Hey see I've never heard of that make before but they look quite nice, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Looked at this?
    I like it, would you say that its a good make?

ReputationRep:
    That's mad lol

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.