Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Your doing something wrong if you can't get a quote under 3500

ReputationRep:
    First car: S reg Vauxhall Astra 1.4 insurance was £1800 per year for third party fire and theft.

Now: 2 years NCB, 3 points (speeding :rolleyes:), 2001 Ford Focus 1.6, £1000 per year fully comprehensive.

ReputationRep:
    A few ways you can do it.

You could buy a £1000 junker like a Corsa or Fiesta that's reaching near end of it's life and you may be lucky to get insurance for around £3000, though in 2-3 years time that junk would be worth £100 if you're lucky.

Else, look around get a nice decent classic car like a Morris Minor, Mini or something which is fairly easy and cheap to maintain, £2500 should get you a very good one, £1000 should insure you as well... most likely till long enough where you reach 21 or so when you can afford something better and maybe by then the classic would sell for £3000 and you just essentially had your future insurance paid for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erich Hartmann)
    A few ways you can do it.

You could buy a £1000 junker like a Corsa or Fiesta that's reaching near end of it's life and you may be lucky to get insurance for around £3000, though in 2-3 years time that junk would be worth £100 if you're lucky.

Else, look around get a nice decent classic car like a Morris Minor, Mini or something which is fairly easy and cheap to maintain, £2500 should get you a very good one, £1000 should insure you as well... most likely till long enough where you reach 21 or so when you can afford something better and maybe by then the classic would sell for £3000 and you just essentially had your future insurance paid for you
    ^^^^
    Skills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mycodenameis:rosie)
    my (male) cousin @ age 17

in east london postcode
    no ncb (only passed recently)
    car = £1,000
    car tax= £210
    insurance = £860.

1000+210+860= 2070

car is a 1.6 peugeot 307 sw (estate), unmodified, and insurance is with lv, paid in one go. friend got the price got the price for my cousin through haggling on the phone, down from original quote of nearly £2,000. this was around 1 month ago.
    good luck xoxo
    ROSANNAAAAAAA.....coming tennis in the park this evening? ;D

...... to stay on topic- i see my boyfriend worked his magic for your cousin as well :suith: :sexface: not that i criticise though!!! i have have to get him to negotiate my insurance too :cry2: i need to work on my bravery/ confidence, i remain a wimp when it comes to trying to haggle down price of anything i buy ;_;

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.