Turn on thread page Beta

Food and Drink: OUTRAGE! What Do You Mean, "I've Never Tried It"?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never eaten loads of things that my new flatmates seem to adore, like Rustlers Microwave Burgers.

Oh, and I've never eaten oven chips. My mum always insists on making them from scratch.

Also never eaten toad in the hole, though I'm not sure how common that is.

I tend to stick to the same 10-15 meals for dinner.

ReputationRep:
    I've never:

ate sushi
    used chopsticks
    ate at pizza express
    been in harvester
    been to a chinese buffet

(there m ust be more outrageous ones I can't recall)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    A Doner Kebab. My mate has never had one. I was like :eek: when I first heard.
    Neither have I. :O There just aren't any where I live!

ReputationRep:
    My friend casually told me he'd never tried cheese and onion crisps before. He's 25.

I soon rectified that though

ReputationRep:
    Some mega-shockers on here!!

Actually something I came to realise in my other threads - the sheer amount of people that have never tried:

Bernard Matthews Golden Drummers and Bernard Matthews Mini Kievs!

Seriously, it was a total childhood STAPLE for any 90s kid growing up in a working class family!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    I like to think of myself as something of a psychotic foodie who insatiably has to try everything and anything available. Toffee covered Locusts? Done it. Bacon Chocolate? Old hat. Pancakes topped with Lobster Roe? Yup.

But sometimes I'll suggest something totally pedestrian. Totally simple and everyday. Benign. BEIGE. Something you just assume everyone has eaten at some point in life, because it's so commonplace. And then, from the corner of the room, someone'll say,

"...I've never tried it."

WHAT?! WHAAAAT?! NEVER?!

How can you NEVER have tried it?! EVERYONE's tried it, surely!! Well, apparently not!

In this thread, I want you to post your most OUTRAGEOUS, SHOCKING, "I'VE NEVER TRIED ITS"!

Never eaten an apple? Never sampled a Fish finger, perhaps? Go on, let us know, and make us yelp that phrase of disbelief!
    My friend has never had nutella or peanut butter.

I almost ended the friendship there and then.

But I don't think I've had one of those with myself, I'll try most things.

Oh found one on the thread, I've never had muscles, oysters cockles and general stuff like that. Prawns, lobster and crab are practically the only shellfish I eat.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends has never drunk milk...

ReputationRep:
    Never drunk tea or coffee, and never eaten a pizza - I really don't like cheese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    Never had a Nandos. When I told my Nandos-obsessed friends they looked at me as if I'd told them I eat babies.

(Original post by zxh800)
    A Doner Kebab. My mate has never had one. I was like :eek: when I first heard.
    Never tried either of these, but then I don't eat meat so it's not especially surprising.

ReputationRep:
    For a while I'd never tried Domino's, which people found surprising. I can't think of any others off the top of my head, although there's always something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerdog)
    For a while I'd never tried Domino's, which people found surprising. I can't think of any others off the top of my head, although there's always something.
    Ah, Domino's Pizza. My friends use to frequently buy them (on 2 for 1 Tuesdays) and I would often look on in disgust at their fatty and salty purchase.

Then I bought one.

Once you have a Domino's, there's no going back.

On topic, I would have to say I've never had the outlandish types of seafood like lobster, muscles, crab etc. But other than that, I would like to think I've at least tried most foods. Unlike my housemate, who just refuses to even try tuna!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koistyjayne)
    One of my friends has never drunk milk...
    They must have done, when they were a baby...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have Nandos till I was 20. Didn't have Chinese takeaway till I was 18. Erm I dunno I think I have eaten pretty much all everyday things. Oh I didn't have a Dominos pizza till I was 20 either and I didn't have a pot noodle till I was 19 (amazed and impressed at how spicy Bombay bad boy is!! one of the spiciest preprepared things you can get. Love it!)
    As you can see I wasn't raised eating takeaways or anything (not because they were unhealthy but because they were expensive) but I am soooooo glad, because I don't ever add salt to food, I don't eat excessive amounts of carbs (when I do have carbs I have brown rice or malted danish bread), I eat a diet based on vegetables and fruit because that is what I like and makes me feel good.

ReputationRep:
    I love meat, but I've never had a Döner kebab.

ReputationRep:
    Baked Beans. *shudders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humy369)
    I've never had blueberries. Or a blueberry muffin. Or cheescake. :rolleyes: I'm not good with food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awoodrow2)
    Never drunk tea or coffee, and never eaten a pizza - I'm death on cheese.
    Same! Well, only started eating pizza relatively recently. Just order it without cheese. Delicious.

Being a cheese-hater, I only very recently tried cheesecake for the first time. Perhaps it was just an awful recipe (made by someone at work) but it was just as foul as I imagined.

I got a lot of WTFs when I said I'd never tried Coco Pops. Other than tea, coffee and cheese I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there's probably a lot more tbh, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had .. sushi, a donner kebab or Domino's pizza. Or marmite. Or a pot noodle/other instant meal thing (because they look foul!).

ReputationRep:
    Never eaten an orange.

Well, I lie. I had one segment of one when I was 4 at nursery, didn't like it, and haven't eaten one since I just don't know where to start when eating them! :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Nando's :lolwut:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.