Turn on thread page Beta

Procrastinating will be the death of me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I screwed up my GCSEs and got kicked out of my A level mainly because I always found something more worth MY time, ie Playing my Xbox, faffing round on the internet etc.

Now I'm in uni and I really, really want to try and be able to do this without being lazy, distracted or putting things off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalyan)
    That :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pseudo-truth)
    Shouldn't the fact that you're restarting a whole year kick you into action?!

I'm in your shoes myself. Basically, just set yourself a goal, and keep. On. At. It.

Yeah, I feel unmotivated too, a lot of the time. But I remember what I'm trying to achieve, and that makes me do 3 hours of revision a night.
    Yes, I suppose I that's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Luk)
    Write a list of things you have to do the day before so that you have something to aim for everyday.

If you go on fb a lot, maybe there is some facebook limiter software?

Get a hobby that can really give you a passion and drive.

Do a jog that will increase your energy levels =)

Eat lots of sugar and go outside =D
    I'll try..providing I don't procrastinate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PwnArtist)
    I screwed up my GCSEs and got kicked out of my A level mainly because I always found something more worth MY time, ie Playing my Xbox, faffing round on the internet etc.

Now I'm in uni and I really, really want to try and be able to do this without being lazy, distracted or putting things off.
    OM DS OMDS OMDS OMSD

Girls Play Xbox WOW! Shouldnt you be in the Kitchen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cura)
    OM DS OMDS OMDS OMSD

Girls Play Xbox WOW! Shouldnt you be in the Kitchen?
    Me in a Kitchen... Ha.. OK but as long as your ok at putting out fires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PwnArtist)

I got kicked out by my old sixth form too!

But I wish you all the best and happy studying with uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
    I'm the same. My results definitely don't reflect my intelligence and its because I procrastinate SO much. Like seriously nobody can beat me with procrastination. I would sometimes go my homework not the night before the day it was due...but 5 minutes before the lesson was about to begin!! And only because the teacher is scary. And don't get me started on how late I revised for exams (Sometimes at 11pm day before exam and somehow still managed to do good- serious luck right there or maybe I'm just good at learning things in short periods of time?!). I know that If I worked consistently I would probably achieve greater things but oh well thats life :P Its really bad surely it should be a medical illness ! And I used to be organised when I was young which makes it worse
    Believe me dear you can't be worse than me, I clean up the whole house, try to find a job, even sweep the piece of land in front of me house, before I get to revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Believe me dear you can't be worse than me, I clean up the whole house, try to find a job, even sweep the piece of land in front of me house, before I get to revising.
    looool. I spent all of last year preparing for uni (personal statement, paid job, voluntary jobs, deciding what uni to pick etc etc etc) and I ended up with failure written across my head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Hahahaa ! Okay maybe your a little worse

ReputationRep:
    I've got some tips for you:

1) You could try to...

...actually **** it, somebody told me about a funny video on youtube, I'll just go off and watch that now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake22)
    I've got some tips for you:

1) You could try to...

...actually **** it, somebody told me about a funny video on youtube, I'll just go off and watch that now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haverstock)
    I got kicked out by my old sixth form too!

But I wish you all the best and happy studying with uni
    Thank you

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.