Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    We already have this; it's called Bradford.
    But unfortunately people from Bradford don't stay there out of our way so we can get on in peace.

ReputationRep:
    I like how the OP listed 'Britain' but only used examples in England.

ReputationRep:
    How does segregation increase diversity? Why is diversity a good thing in itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I like how the OP listed 'Britain' but only used examples in England.
    Because Celtic countries don't get taken over like England lol.

Tell me a fully fledged Pakistani Community in Scotland? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, because Aberdeen is a hub of glowing multiculturalism isn't it? Whole communities in England have been taken from the English people. I feel for them real bad. I love the English and they deserve all of their land or they deserve to at least keep most of it. In Wales, the valleys, no one dare try to take over the land, mountains or sheep, they'll get ended in an instant because thats how us valley boys roll baby. Hard as **** like... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If we had separate states the state with London in will be rich (because the best employers don't seem to enjoy other locations) and the other states will be dying wastelands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    If we had separate states the state with London in will be rich (because the best employers don't seem to enjoy other locations) and the other states will be dying wastelands.
    Other states will become prosperous like Luxembourg due to investment. At the moment they all survive off London which is why London is the hub of investment. If they were separate states then other areas would get more investment as well.

ReputationRep:
    No. The last thing this country needs is to become a federation. It'd be horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    Other states will become prosperous like Luxembourg due to investment. At the moment they all survive off London which is why London is the hub of investment. If they were separate states then other areas would get more investment as well.
    But we will end up with a US like scenario where one state lowers taxes to a stupidly low level and steals all the jobs off of the other states.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, with their own local government that have TOTAL control over that area. I think we should also have a Muslim state that allows Muslims to have Sharia Law in Britain and that'll make them happy whilst also keeping the EDL happy as the rest of Britain will be pro British.
    That way we could nuke it.

ReputationRep:
    But we will end up with a US like scenario where one state lowers taxes to a stupidly low level and steals all the jobs off of the other states.
    Interesting concept, so growth occurs in places with low taxes you say?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Interesting concept, so growth occurs in places with low taxes you say?

:holmes:
    State A corporate tax = 30% 10 jobs
    State B corporate tax = 30% 10 jobs

State B lowers tax to 10% takes 8 jobs from state A

The country now has the same amount of jobs and less income we lose and the corporations win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyPrettyThing)
    You're a limp-wristed coward - we shouldn't cede a single square inch of our soil to fascism.
    Funny how your soldiers have to rely on charity when they come back home with their legs blown off. Some ****ed up government this country has, using their own people as fodder so they can profit from their relations with America. Sharia Law would provide them with the money they need for the treatment and support (had they been defending Britain, but of course they are not, and instead are attacking many innocents, but that's a different argument); you're just biased and manipulated by what you hear. I'm not saying it's the solution for this country, because it definitely isn't, it just wouldn't work, but it would be smart of you to acknowledge the pros it has that the british government fails to supply for no good reason.

ReputationRep:
    State A corporate tax = 30% 10 jobs
    State B corporate tax = 30% 10 jobs

State B lowers tax to 10% takes 8 jobs from state A

The country now has the same amount of jobs and less income we lose and the corporations win.
    The corporations win what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    A lovely cake from Mrs. Nestor down the road at No. 32, a bottle of wine that your teetotal parents never really wanted but got given as a gift once, and 5 goes on the clay pigeon shoot.

Wait, am I getting this confused with the fete . . .

ReputationRep:
    more money

ReputationRep:
    more money
    Great.

Moarmoneh.

Tell me, when corporations win moar moneh, where does it go? If corporations have more moneh, it has to be spent somewhere right? Where does le moneh end up? Back in teh hands of teh people as teh companeh buys more schtoof from teh uvver companehs wich pay der workers dem wages u see which in turn allows dem workers to spend teh monehs back into annuver companeh wich does teh same fing ad infinitums.

ReputationRep:
    Great.

Moarmoneh.

Tell me, when corporations win moar moneh, where does it go? If corporations have more moneh, it has to be spent somewhere right? Where does le moneh end up? Back in teh hands of teh people as teh companeh buys more schtoof from teh uvver companehs wich pay der workers dem wages u see which in turn allows dem workers to spend teh monehs back into annuver companeh wich does teh same fing ad infinitums.
    I see what you did.

ReputationRep:
    In Wales, the valleys, no one dare try to take over the land, mountains or sheep, they'll get ended in an instant because thats how us valley boys roll baby. Hard as **** like... :cool:
    You **** sheep hard in the valleys? What?

ReputationRep:
    We do not need more diversity, or at least not at a political level.

Religion should have no basis as law and as a result we should certainly not allow Sharia Law (we have gone too far already as far as i am concerned).

The current council system works just fine as far as i am concerned. When you federalise you end up with the USA or Spain where regions can effectively run themselves bankrupt safe in the knowledge that the national government will bail them (Calafornia, Catalonia).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    Funny how your soldiers have to rely on charity when they come back home with their legs blown off. Some ****ed up government this country has, using their own people as fodder so they can profit from their relations with America. Sharia Law would provide them with the money they need for the treatment and support (had they been defending Britain, but of course they are not, and instead are attacking many innocents, but that's a different argument); you're just biased and manipulated by what you hear. I'm not saying it's the solution for this country, because it definitely isn't, it just wouldn't work, but it would be smart of you to acknowledge the pros it has that the british government fails to supply for no good reason.
    Sharia law devalues democracy and the rights of those deemed unappealling by a deity who may not even exists. I'll be the first to admit the current system we have is far from perfect, and yes there are pros and cons to all systems, but you can have Sharia Law in England over my dead body.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.