Turn on thread page Beta

Recommend a good RPG or adventure game watch

ReputationRep:
    hi abir!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihai)
    Hey guys, I'm an avid player of RPGs but I haven't got anything to play right now. So I'd really like to know if you can mention a good rpg ( except the ones I've played already : Baldur's Gate, Planescape, NWN, Diablo 2, Torchlight, Mass Effect 1&2, Dragon Age, Oblivion, Morrowind, Gothic, The Witcher. I was thinking about Daggerdale, but I've read some reviews and it appears it sucks badly.

Also, I'd like some adventure/ exploration games, like Prince of Persia (Sands to Two Thrones) or (don't laugh!) the first Harry Potter games, which were surprisingly good. Call of Cthulhu was very nice too, until it descended into all-out-shooter territory. Loved Thief 3 as well.

Thanks for any suggestion.
    Ratchet and clank

ReputationRep:
    hello

ReputationRep:
    I cant see sir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihai)
    Hey guys, I'm an avid player of RPGs but I haven't got anything to play right now. So I'd really like to know if you can mention a good rpg ( except the ones I've played already : Baldur's Gate, Planescape, NWN, Diablo 2, Torchlight, Mass Effect 1&2, Dragon Age, Oblivion, Morrowind, Gothic, The Witcher. I was thinking about Daggerdale, but I've read some reviews and it appears it sucks badly.

Also, I'd like some adventure/ exploration games, like Prince of Persia (Sands to Two Thrones) or (don't laugh!) the first Harry Potter games, which were surprisingly good. Call of Cthulhu was very nice too, until it descended into all-out-shooter territory. Loved Thief 3 as well.

You're clearly a black isle/bioware fan, same here

By playing BG, I've presume you've played BG 2 and Throne of Bhaal, if not, get them in your life asap!

NWN 2 is a bit rubbish, I would bother with that.... Before I got to the end of your post I was going to reccomend Thief, which is annoying as you've already played it!

If you have a ps3 I'd look at Demon's Souls, incredibly challenging game but got rave reviews, the psuedo-sequel is out next month, Dark Souls.

There are some really good player made mods for morrowind that would be worth checking out, I'm not sure if the same exists for oblivion as I haven't checked. Although as people have mentioned, Skyrim is out soon, which will be awesome.

A little stop gap game for you could be Icewind Dale 1 + 2, you can pick them up cheap on Steam. BG type games, although a bit linear and not as "epic" in terms of story, but by the same developers and producers, and a good fun game to play in some downtime til Skyrim is released

ReputationRep:
    If you're up for a bit of initial frustration but then quite a fun game, I'd try Two Worlds. It starts off horribly, ends horribly but I actually enjoyed it if I'm honest. Not entirely sure how the second has gone down, but it might be worth the risk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihai)

Runescape, actually No.

ReputationRep:
    Maplestory, don't knock it til you've tried it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BartholomewVarath)
    If you're up for a bit of initial frustration but then quite a fun game, I'd try Two Worlds. It starts off horribly, ends horribly but I actually enjoyed it if I'm honest. Not entirely sure how the second has gone down, but it might be worth the risk!
    Haha, I found this game rather painful to play through. Luckily I only borrowed it from a friend so I didn't throw any money away on it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely recommend Demon Souls, and the sequel which is out soon. As an RPG fan I always enjoyed playing through the Final Fantasy series, although I don't see any turn based in your games. I also enjoyed Star Ocean, but Japanese so can be a little niche, which is slightly more action orientated.

I'm not big on action games but I enjoyed the God of War series which has a little exploration element.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I liked the fable series, only RPG game I've ever played, other then might of Magic (or something like that.)
    A good adventure game is rayman -suppose its a bit childish though. (I like prince of persia as well).
    Don't buy a harry potter game after the fourth one they are crap! Sure the graphics are better but the game play is bad!
    I liked the X-men games as well but thats just me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 21, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.