Turn on thread page Beta

My friend read my Facebook PRIVATE mail. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    Who gives a crap? She's done something pretty unforgivable. It's not that you have something to hide, it's that she's broken your trust about reading your private mail and then discussing it with other people.

I don't know how you can let her use you changing your password as ammunition against you, who is she, Regina George? Stop being such a doormat girl!
    Ok, I have changed my password.

(Original post by Cura)
    how much is it costing you ?
    Quite a lot actually. We've been good friends for a while now. Shared lots of memories together and as silly as it sounds she was the one I trusted the most and spoke to about everything. If I lose her, I will have noone to turn to and will have to face the misery of losing a friend over something so petty.

(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Strangely enough, she isnt you.

Funny that!
    It's this thing called trust.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how you managed to get into the situation where the person who hacked your account, has the ability to take the moral high ground here.

ReputationRep:
    take the ballsy approach and tackle it head on! if you can keep your cool and do it you'll find it the most productive way to sort this out.

get in a situation where you are alone with her and look her in the eye and say "listen, I know you've been on my facebook, and I'm really sorry if you felt i was *****ing about you behind your back, but me and X were concerned about the way you have been acting"

if she comes out with "you have no right to talk about me! or something of that ilk" respond gently with "as you have no right to read my messages, so we are both kinda in the wrong here!"

then give some cheesy speech "about how you value her as a person blah blah blah" and your golden. friends again!

tis how i used to disarm my ex-girlfriend whenever I did anything to piss her off. worked most of the time (until she dumped me for being a manipulative **** )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhh123)
    Quite a lot actually. We've been good friends for a while now. Shared lots of memories together and as silly as it sounds she was the one I trusted the most and spoke to about everything. If I lose her, I will have noone to turn to and will have to face the misery of losing a friend over something so petty.

It's this thing called trust.
    How's that working out for you? :rolleyes: You clearly shouldn't trust her so why expend effort staying friends?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    She shouldn't have read your facebook messages even if she did have your password. It's not always a great idea to give your password to people, but just because it's easy for her to read your messages doesn't mean she's then somehow allowed to. She should be apologising to you, not you to her. Let her have her strop, and if she doesn't apologise maybe she isn't that great of a friend anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you knew she had your password, you shouldn't really have been talking about her. Change it if you haven't as she may tell other people what it is. I do think that it's a bit harsh that she has invaded your privacy and has used it against you, instead of confronting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhh123)
    Ok, so my best friend has changed an awful lot over the past couple of weeks. She's started going out drinking excessively, mixing with different people and has changed her attitude in general.

Me and another best friend were discussing it on Facebook chat. We didn't say anything really bad other than we think that she is just trying to look 'cool' by drinking a lot etc.

But to point, she has read my and my friends whole conversation as she has my password and obviously thought she had some right to go and read all my private messages!

She is now giving me the silent treatment, although hasn't confronted me about supposedly *****ing about her. (I know that she has read it as she had discussed it with someone else, and this person told me.)

Don't really know what to do, I cannot afford to lose her as a friend. :confused:
    why would you give someone your password? i never get it... i dont tell anyone my passwords...

anyway, stuff her.. at least now you know she goes on your facebook profile and reads through everything.

ReputationRep:
    Never understood why people share their password with other people. When couples do it as a way of showing 'trust' I always think isn't it the exact opposite of trust :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to break it to you, but nothing is private on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell would you give someone your password? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have someone tell me to my face that I'm being an ass so I know what I'd have to change, rather than have people ****ging me off behind me back about it.

Come clean with her and she might understand?

ReputationRep:
    I know my mates password. Even so, I will only frape him when he's around but not at the computer.

Wait. Is that still bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Never understood why people share their password with other people. When couples do it as a way of showing 'trust' I always think isn't it the exact opposite of trust :confused:
    I feel the same way. I think it's something that should remain private. They're your friends/partner, but it doesn't mean that they will always remain trustworthy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.