Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha5)
    I think your right.
    So i done 4 as levels and dropped one, so this means i need to fill out 4 of the Advanced subsidiary 2001 and onwards ect with my grades, and then a further 3 GCE advanced level ones including the modules from AS and the A2's left as pending.
    Yes, correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    Yes, correct
    So you add your AS grades to the A2 section too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis :D)
    So you add your AS grades to the A2 section too?
    No, no, no.

You put your AS Resits in the A2 section, the AS section has to be complete with whatever you got as your original grades.

ReputationRep:
    No, no, no.

You put your AS Resits in the A2 section, the AS section has to be complete with whatever you got as your original grades.
    Gonee

ReputationRep:
    So it looks like this:
    ?
    Yes, btw well done your results. They are fantastic

If you aren't resitting any modules in A2 (don't see why you shouldn) then it should look like that, yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes, btw well done your results. They are fantastic

If you aren't resitting any modules in A2 (don't see why you shouldn) then it should look like that, yes
    Thanks for your help. All that confused me so much haha, and no I'm not resitting, I just dropped the D

ReputationRep:
    Our school told us to only include grades in the AS section if we are not taking them on to A2 or resitting any of the modules.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help. All that confused me so much haha, and no I'm not resitting, I just dropped the D
    No problem, good luck for A2 sure you're going A* your way through them!

ReputationRep:
    No problem, good luck for A2 sure you're going A* your way through them!
    I hope so! In French and Spanish anyway . You applying for 2012 too?

ReputationRep:
    But what if I'm unsure if I'm going to retake or not in June?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! In French and Spanish anyway . You applying for 2012 too?
    Yep for Biomed

ReputationRep:
    Yep for Biomed
    Where have you applied to? Have you sent off your application yet?

ReputationRep:
    Can i just high-jack this thread for a minute?? I don't really want to make a new one just for this question

Basically the teacher has offered me an A* predicted grade, but i said no, because i really don't believe i could manage it.
    However, i have applied for some AAA uni's and my predicted grades are currently AAB.
    should i take up this higher grade, if only to get more offers???
    thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forget that)
    Can i just high-jack this thread for a minute?? I don't really want to make a new one just for this question

Basically the teacher has offered me an A* predicted grade, but i said no, because i really don't believe i could manage it.
    However, i have applied for some AAA uni's and my predicted grades are currently AAB.
    should i take up this higher grade, if only to get more offers???
    thanks !!
    Of course, just don't go for unis with A* offers. If their offers are AAA and you're predicted A*AA it will make you stand out, but they won't give you an offer with an A*, if you get me.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, just don't go for unis with A* offers. If their offers are AAA and you're predicted A*AA it will make you stand out, but they won't give you an offer with an A*, if you get me.
    Are you sure bout that tough?? I'm really scared they will be like, 'yes of course you can a place here, provided you get that A*!'

(This is what you get for being to modest, just the thought of me getting an A* at A level just freaks me out lol. People like me should have dropped out of school a long time ago.)

thanks i will sort this out tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forget that)
    Are you sure bout that tough?? I'm really scared they will be like, 'yes of course you can a place here, provided you get that A*!'

(This is what you get for being to modest, just the thought of me getting an A* at A level just freaks me out lol. People like me should have dropped out of school a long time ago.)

thanks i will sort this out tomorrow
    I'm pretty sure they can't give you an offer which isn't stated, i.e. if they say AAB in the prospectus I don't think they can put it up to A*AB. Don't quote me though, but it would be ludicrous if they could!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they can't give you an offer which isn't stated, i.e. if they say AAB in the prospectus I don't think they can put it up to A*AB. Don't quote me though, but it would be ludicrous if they could!
    lol well i had to quote you to reply but im sure you don't mind
    thanks a lot tough, it was more mentally than anything else, but now i feel more confident.

by the by, that ucas form picture i don't think was right... you need to take out all the A's and just leave politics i'm afraid, the school will put in your predicted grades
    but don't quote me on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilliehear)
    Put in your A2 subject choices, and just leave it as pending. When you click pay send it will go to your referee and they'll fill it in
    Maybe it's because I'm an international applicant, but my reference does not put in my predicted grades (in fact, she can't see my predicted grades page) & I put them in myself (seems kind of weird to me though).

I'm slightly confused
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks! Is the qualification date August 2012?
    June 2012 as that is the exam season you are finishing it in.

ReputationRep:
    Quick Question, Do I have to put the individual module grades in my UCAS?

Or is it only if you apply to cambridge?

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.