Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    girls, does waxing hurt that bad?

I ask because I'm considering waxing my head. I'm sick of having hair and feel like it would be difficult to shave my head myself without missing bits, so can I wax myself bald or is this stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwingOnTheSpiral88)

I ask because I'm considering waxing my head. I'm sick of having hair and feel like it would be difficult to shave my head myself without missing bits, so can I wax myself bald or is this stupid?
    Uhhh, no that would be stupid. It would grow back extremely patchy. Get an electric razor and do it yourself or ask a friend to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    Do laser and never have hair in unwanted places again. Time to fork out a grand. :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwingOnTheSpiral88)

Omg :eek: you did know the pain will be unbearable?! Hair on your head is alot more sensitive, and if you even try to pull 1 hair out it will kill you..

I recommend you stick to shaving even if you hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Some may say too much. :beard:
    I like a furry kitty, personally.

ReputationRep:
    I use Veet Hair Removal Cream. It's really good-there's a normal and sensitive one. I have blonde hair, so my hair hardly shows anyway, and after like a year of doing this, I haven't even needed to use the cream! They just haven't grown back which is really strange but great news for me So try that?

ReputationRep:
    If it's causing you problems just forget about it really, for all the immature twerps who will be like "eww hairy!" there's as many people who will respect you for putting your comfort over something so superficial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee17)
    I was wondering how other girls keep their legs hair free for long periods of time because I can't? I have really sensitive skin and have spots everytime I wax and epilate, don't even mention shaving. So I have to wait for the hair to grow long before I wax, when I get a boyfriend, will a guy mind this? Because I really can't do anything about it.
    Any tips girls???
    i have sensitive skin too, but i find using venus one use razors on dry skin, without cream or anything wet works really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    No. If I was this wouldn't be a problem, I'd happily bare my hairy lobes along with nasal hair, ear hair and so on. It's almost requisite of the elderly, even the women. But as a 17 year old, well it's rather unbecoming.
    Bleach your ears.

ReputationRep:
    I get bad razor burn on my legs - i use Soap and glory righteous body butter straight after shaving, and they make my legs really smooth and soft

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I used to shave my legs, but it just seemed like an endless cycle. I'd shave them at the start of the week, and in a few days they'd start to get stubbly which I hated!
    So, I use veet hair removal cream. It's great. The hair wouldn't start growing back for a fortnight, plus it'd moisturize them at the same time. There is a sensitive alo vera alternative which is designed for skin which doesn't respond well to creams and stuff. Plus, you can test it on a small patch of skin to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    I wear skirts with bare legs a lot of the time so I shave them regularly. I find putting moisturiser on my legs afterwards stops any razor burn or irritation.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like a bit of hairspray...lipstick...and eh stubble

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.