Turn on thread page Beta

Women get less attractive after 25 or 30, men get more attractive with age... watch

ReputationRep:
    So wait, according to your incredibly simplistic analysis, older men are Adonis gods and older women are all washed up old hags?

Whatever OP. Not EVERY guy over 30 looks like Hugh Jackman or George Clooney. Those that do are the ones who look after themselves - i.e. don't smoke, don't dress like a tramp and keep in shape. I see plenty of older guys around with terrible hair, nasty teeth, horrible dress sense and beer guts.

Women don't get less attractive. Anyone who doesn't look after themselves is bound to appear unattractive - if they look after themselves they can look absolutely amazing. My mum is is in her fifties yet looks about 40 - and since she's started dressing better and looking after herself more she looks absolutely amazing - and no, she's not had any surgery. If you want another example, I'm 22 (so by your calculations I've got another 8 years left before I reach my best before date) and yet I'm far more attractive now than I EVER was in my teens.

I don't think older women loose "value". Everyone looks ugly if they don't take care of themselves, surely that's obvious whether your male or female?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    im 30 and in a 10 year relationship, i dont need 'seductive power'
    A 10 year relationship - that means you started dating your guy when you were 20, i.e. at your best looking age. But at 30, if you were to become single, you wouldn't be able to attract men as easily as you could when you were younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovehunter)
    **** me, you must've started young!

They're going to need to make an effort lol, as they will be past their prime and so they will have to try very hard to look reasonably good.

Anyway, not to hate on older women, I don't want this thread to sound that way. Let's keep it on topic.
    lol that's EXACTLY what this thread sounds like, so you're doing a pretty poor job if you didn't want it to sound that way.

I had my first child at 21, so not that young, not that it matters really as its OT.

ReputationRep:
    A 10 year relationship - that means you started dating your guy when you were 20, i.e. at your best looking age. But at 30, if you were to become single, you wouldn't be able to attract men as easily as you could when you were younger.

that doesnt really matter to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    though you are somewhat irritating, ok then, what the hell. First picture is me aged 25. Second picture is me aged 27. Though I'm not exactly wow material in either, I can't really think that there's any doubt that my before photo is worse than my after photo. Thus your "women always look better when they're younger" theory is a load of tosh.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3347603_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4862987_n.jpg
    That's a MASSIVE improvement. Seriously, you look beautiful.

OP that's the general idea that women get worse and men get better with age but it's not usually the case.
    I've seen really pretty girls from my younger school days become total hags and the nerds become really hot.
    ****S are another thing too. Look around, there are some dribbling hot ****S around who are much better looking than their younger counterparts e.g Carol Voderman.

ReputationRep:
    I am like wine, get better with age I am more desirable at 27 than I ever have been as I am more emotionally mature and guys acknowledge that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel83)
    I am like wine, get better with age I am more desirable at 27 than I ever have been as I am more emotionally mature and guys acknowledge that.
    yeah thats the thing, im more confident now than i was at 19 or 20 and people are always saying confidence is the key

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel83)
    no one's talking about emotional maturity or personality of any of that :rofl: this thread is solely about looks.

ReputationRep:
    Bull****.

You said you didn't want to make this a thread hating on older women, but this is exactly how it's coming across! Especially in the bit I quoted.

Anyway, just to expose how retarded your argument is:
    Christina Hendricks is 36. Are you seriously going to tell me that she's incapable of getting a man if she was single?

Mila Kunis is 28 (so nearing 30) - are you saying that in two years time she'll be past it? Will she suddenly become frumpy and unattractive when she passes the 30 threshold?

These are pretty simplistic examples I know - but the point still stands. If you want more a more real world examples - I had a friend who got to 33 having never had a boyfriend. She's always taken good care of herself, looks amazing, around a size 12 on the bottom and size 14 on the top (she was quite busty), excellent dress sense etc but suffered from confidence issues (especially with meeting people). Then she meets a guy and she's been with him ever since. According to your argument, she was 3 years past her "use by" date (which is as a concept is REALLY ****ING INSULTING) yet she still got a man.

So yeah, this idea of value really is rubbish. Attractive people are the ones who take good care of themselves. Age has very little to do with it.

So it might be worth rewording that aging statement in your OP:

"People who look after themselves age like fine wine, those who don't age like milk."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O*****uary)
    Anyway, just to expose how retarded your argument is:
    Christina Hendricks is 36. Are you seriously going to tell me that she's incapable of getting a man if she was single?

Mila Kunis is 28 (so nearing 30) - are you saying that in two years time she'll be past it? Will she suddenly become frumpy and unattractive when she passes the 30 threshold?

angelina jolie - 36
    jennifer aniston - 42
    jennifer lopez - 42
    jennifer love hewitt - 32
    kate hudson - 32
    kate beckinsale - 38

are a few more examples, as if those women dont look good :rofl:

ReputationRep:

OP that's the general idea that women get worse and men get better with age but it's not usually the case.
    I've seen really pretty girls from my younger school days become total hags and the nerds become really hot.
    ****S are another thing too. Look around, there are some dribbling hot ****S around who are much better looking than their younger counterparts e.g Carol Voderman.
    Obviously you're going to get famous people who can afford money on the best stylists, the best personal trainers and afford thousands on surgery looking good. The OP is referring to your average, non-famous woman.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I didn't read the big paragraph at the beginning, lol. I must be one of the only women who isn't clingy or moan cos it's not attractive. I look better now than when I was 20.

ReputationRep:
    here is IMO a attractive none celebrity woman

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...A71580copy.jpg

ReputationRep:
    OP you are getting confuse. Both men and women generally decline, in terms of physical appearance, with age. The general idea though is that women are more attracted to a mans status and personality more than his looks (though looks do matter). So as a guy gets older his status and personality often get better with life experience, women are willing to ignore a mans declining looks to some extent if he has the desired status/personality. With women however guys (particularly younger guys) tend to place a lot of emphasis on looks.

ReputationRep:

There is a saying, 'Men age like fine wine, women age like milk'. It's so true!
    A lot of wine turns to vinegar..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayfitfreek)
    OP you are getting confuse. Both men and women generally decline, in terms of physical appearance, with age. The general idea though is that women are more attracted to a mans status and personality more than his looks (though looks do matter). So as a guy gets older his status and personality often get better with life experience, women are willing to ignore a mans declining looks to some extent if he has the desired status/personality. With women however guys (particularly younger guys) tend to place a lot of emphasis on looks.
    No, I'm not getting confused. Men don't age as fast as women physically. Men get more 'distinguished' looks wise with age. Women don't, they just look less attractive.

Women aren't as bothered about a guy's looks as men are about women's looks anyway. The primary weapon that women have to attract men (their looks) declines rapidly after 30 for women. But the primary weapon men have to attract women (their personality, confidence and status), tends to RISE after 30.

I didn't make life this way, so don't flame me. Blame God, blame mother nature, but the fact is men age better than women, end of.

ReputationRep:
    most guys on TSR prefer a hot 27 year old to a haggish 21 year old
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1787728

ReputationRep:

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    x
    i agree. i found the same thing myself, i look much better now (25) than at age 18 - i think you grow into your looks, more confidence = less makeup and you know whatsuits you better.

your baby is soooo cute btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    i agree. i found the same thing myself, i look much better now (25) than at age 18 - i think you grow into your looks, more confidence = less makeup and you know whatsuits you better.

your baby is soooo cute btw
    thanks. He's 2 now and a little monkey lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.