Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan at all, in fact I was terrified by him as a child after watching that Martin Bashir documentary.

However, a man has been accussed of giving him a lethal dose of a drug and then leaving him so the due process has to be carried out to either clear Conrad Murray or to prosecute him if he did as he is accused.

Though, it really annoys me that with far more important things going on in the world, The Sun seems to think this is headline, front page news.

ReputationRep:
    Well the fact they having a trial is to, y'know, uphold the law?

I must say it is a little bit annoying how much it is on the news, but clearly other people are interested in it so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I can see why the trial is being held.

But the death itself was blown out of proportion, he was just one weird dude, and not really that good at much... when he was a kid he had a decent voice. About it.

Oh and the "he gave loads to charity" rebuke is lolfail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommm)
    I care about it - in a civilised society, those suspected of committing a serious crime should be tried in a court.
    I imagine in a civilised society you wouldn't wait 2 years for a trial to start on a suspected killer. I agree partly though!

ReputationRep:
    To say Michael Jackson was nothing more than an unconvicted and bankrupt paedophile is simply ignorant, naive, jealous, desperate, adolescent attention-seeking sewage.

The man was the biggest artist of the century (and, before you throw Elvis into this, he won both the award for Artist of the Millenium and Artist of the Century). His lowest selling album sold roughly 10-million copies worldwide and was criticised for it, his highest selling album has sold more than 100-million.

He has reportedly given $300 million to charity, whilst apparently being $200 million in debt at the time of death. Simple maths tells me he was more concerned for healing children and helping the world than looking after his accounts - if that is the mark of a bad man then God help us all.

His dancing, whilst not totally revolutionary, has captured the imagination of nearly every dancing-artist today. The moonwalk he did not invent, the robot he did not invent - but one cannot deny his absolute mastery on the dance floor.

People slate Michael Jackson, pass him off and dismiss his music, yet when other Rock Stars are criticised it is unacceptable. The creativity of Michael Jackson, from his music to his dancing to his poetry, is something that, combined with his loving nature, will live on forever.

If you truly believe him a kiddy-fiddler, then I advise you to go to the courts with your evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joancollins)
    are you kidin right? the man was broke, he wouldn't donate nothing. and he looked like a ghost. and dont forget the child abuse stuff, the baby hanging in the balcony etc. now that he's gone its all 'oo such a nice guy, charity, blablabl' but just a year before he was being charged with sexual abuse.
    You really are an idiot!

Wouldnt donate nothing ? he donated over $300 million to several charities, and even in his last few weeks he was talking of making a childrens hospital for the world.

Child abuse stuff ? Acquitted on all accounts for starters, not to mention that both accusers have also admitted that they lied about the accusations.

Baby hanging. MJ himself has apologised numerous times for this, he wanted to show his fans outside of his hotel his newborn child. Obviously this wasnt the best way to do it but we are all human and make mistakes. I very much doubt you are immpecable.

Just a year before aswell? that statement just shows how little you know, his trial finished in 2005, and he died in 2009! Thats 4 years

Before you make youself look like a complete fool (even though you have already done so) I suggest you go away and actually find some evidence, there was no evidence to ever suggest that he commited those crimes

ReputationRep:
    Most of his fans, actually.

ReputationRep:
    I do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Computerised)
    Why the MJ hate? Sure I make a couple paedo or nose jokes about him now and then but deep down I loved MJ (no homo), he was a legend with no equal and I'm sad that he is gone.

ReputationRep:
    If it was of natural causes then yes. But cases which may have been murder or manslaughter deserve thorough investigation whether they involve celebrities or not. You don't want the public to get the impression that they can get away with such crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M'Ling)
    To say Michael Jackson was nothing more than an unconvicted and bankrupt paedophile is simply ignorant, naive, jealous, desperate, adolescent attention-seeking sewage.

The man was the biggest artist of the century (and, before you throw Elvis into this, he won both the award for Artist of the Millenium and Artist of the Century). His lowest selling album sold roughly 10-million copies worldwide and was criticised for it, his highest selling album has sold more than 100-million.

He has reportedly given $300 million to charity, whilst apparently being $200 million in debt at the time of death. Simple maths tells me he was more concerned for healing children and helping the world than looking after his accounts - if that is the mark of a bad man then God help us all.

His dancing, whilst not totally revolutionary, has captured the imagination of nearly every dancing-artist today. The moonwalk he did not invent, the robot he did not invent - but one cannot deny his absolute mastery on the dance floor.

People slate Michael Jackson, pass him off and dismiss his music, yet when other Rock Stars are criticised it is unacceptable. The creativity of Michael Jackson, from his music to his dancing to his poetry, is something that, combined with his loving nature, will live on forever.

If you truly believe him a kiddy-fiddler, then I advise you to go to the courts with your evidence.
    well said, would rep if I could

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joancollins)
    lets face it, he was goner anyway
    Charming.
    And...well...his family probably gives a ****.

Just sayin...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyLlama)
    MJ donated lots to charity. And he had big plans to open a children's hospital just before he died. That makes a difference in my opinion.

And I am sure your family and friends would want an investigation into your death if you were to die. Would you then find it ok for people to say that you were a goner anyway? I don't think so...

Grow up.
    A children's hospital you say?

ReputationRep:
    Someone delete this thread...seems OP had enough time to express his important personal feelings without regard for anyone else on the internet

ReputationRep:
    OP, don't only delete this thread, but delete yourself from this world also.

Brainless zoo animal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    You know what phrase I'm like totally sick of hearing? "like totally"

ReputationRep:
    You know what phrase I'm like totally sick of hearing? "like totally"
    She was, like totally being ironic. I've not heard her use it in her other videos anyway, so I'm pretty sure she was.

ReputationRep:
    She was, like totally being ironic. I've not heard her use it in her other videos anyway, so I'm pretty sure she was.
    I dunno, she like totally sounds and looks like the kinda person that uses that phrase all day everyday.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, she like totally sounds and looks like the kinda person that uses that phrase all day everyday.
    Yeah, you should like totally base her personality and mannerisms on the way she looks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you should like totally base her personality and mannerisms on the way she looks!
    Totally!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.