Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Probablylucy)
    Yes there is. Have been given a letter to hand in to university that entitles me to £30 a week untill my 19th birthday, because I am in a 'transition' year or the process of fasing it out. I was sent a form specifically telling me to hand it into Lancaster when I arrive to notify EMA thy I have started my studies, I thought a few people had got this, but apparently not? I am very organised with all my stuff, Im not making it up... P:
    Really?
    Damn. I ripped my EMA entitlement letter up a few days ago :emo: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the EMA letter they sent me says anything about university.

What do we need to bring in terms of like, NHS registration or anything? It says an NHS number or card but I don't know if I have either... and do I need anything about my vaccinations etc?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me, what is the size of the mattress in the superior en-suite room ? I need to buy bed sheets, and I understand that it is longer than average. Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forever a Gnome)
    Oooh I'm going to look at the letter they sent me now. Curious.
    Unless I have totally got the wrong end of the stick and it's only if you resit college? I turn 19 in April luckily, so for me that's a years worth of EMA... On the back of my letter there were two forms, one for me to sign and one to give to the 'education provider' please let me know if anybody else got this letter? I might start a thread... Infact, no that would be silly, I'll just ask when I get there tomorrow (aaahhh tomorrow!!!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    I'v just re-read mine. In simple terms, it's says because I applied in the term 09/10, I am in a 'transition year' and am therefore eligible for the 16 to 19 bursary (£30 a week) Basically, because I started the scheme, they are letting me finish it. I thought that because we are all lancs freshers, we would have all applied for EMA at the same time before 6th form, so there would be more people with this letter? It just says to hand it to my 'education provider' to begin payment for this term.

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is. Have been given a letter to hand in to university that entitles me to £30 a week untill my 19th birthday, because I am in a 'transition' year or the process of fasing it out. I was sent a form specifically telling me to hand it into Lancaster when I arrive to notify EMA thy I have started my studies, I thought a few people had got this, but apparently not? I am very organised with all my stuff, Im not making it up... P:
    NO, no, no, no
    You are no longer entitled to EMA
    Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    Unless I have totally got the wrong end of the stick and it's only if you resit college? I turn 19 in April luckily, so for me that's a years worth of EMA... On the back of my letter there were two forms, one for me to sign and one to give to the 'education provider' please let me know if anybody else got this letter? I might start a thread... Infact, no that would be silly, I'll just ask when I get there tomorrow (aaahhh tomorrow!!!!!!!)
    Mine says for school/college/academy/training provider on a programme approved by the YPLA and is of a qualification level 'up to and including level 3,' it doesn't mention anything about university. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denislaw)
    NO, no, no, no
    You are no longer entitled to EMA
    Definitely not.
    Wellll, I'll take in the letter tomorrow and report back on that one. By the language of what they sent me, it seems so, but it might have been misleading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millz)
    Can anyone tell me, what is the size of the mattress in the superior en-suite room ? I need to buy bed sheets, and I understand that it is longer than average. Thank you in advance.
    I asked this a bit ago, they're all single apparently, there's only one college that has double beds but i can't remember which one (county or one of the post-grad colleges?). So i'll be just as screwed as you if they turn out to be double beds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexx)
    I asked this a bit ago, they're all single apparently, there's only one college that has double beds but i can't remember which one (county or one of the post-grad colleges?). So i'll be just as screwed as you if they turn out to be double beds.
    That is the studios, which are double beds. But in the superior en-suite, I was told that it is longer. However, I do not know how much longer.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's annoying! I was sent a renewal form for my EMA but it clearly stated on the back that it was for use at Further Education only (aka College/Sixth Form) so I binned it :P. If you do get EMA, you have a very good deal ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millz)
    That is the studios, which are double beds. But in the superior en-suite, I was told that it is longer. However, I do not know how much longer.
    Oh snap, I didn't even think the length of the bed could be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexx)
    Oh snap, I didn't even think the length of the bed could be an issue.
    Do know what time Grizedale students have to arrive by ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millz)
    Do know what time Grizedale students have to arrive by ?
    There isn't really a limit IIRC for any college.

Just turn up so that you're all sorted to spend the evening with your flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    There isn't really a limit IIRC for any college.

Just turn up so that you're all sorted to spend the evening with your flatmates.
    Oh nice, I will bring a bottle haha.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.