Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    looks like I'm going conker picking. I'm glad I live near a park full of chestnut trees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PwnArtist)
    Yes size 11.
    kooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    oh good lord you do realise no spider in the UK outside of a petshop or zoo cant hurt you right?
    Have you heard of a false widow? Oh, look, you're wrong. :rolleyes: It isn't exactly serious if one nabs you but it can indeed hurt.

(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Apparently you can get a plug in device that emits a sound (supersonic, obvs) that drives them away.
    Supersonic sound, eh? That's one for the physics textbooks.

ReputationRep:
    there was a HUGE one in my shower a few days ago when i woke up to get a shower.! not exactly what i wanted to wake up to :P i hate hate hate spiders.!! apparently this is the time of year for them to come into houses because of the cold "/ there seems to be much more around this year though than other years...and i swear they all seem to be absolutely massive! O.O

ReputationRep:
    oh good lord you do realise no spider in the UK outside of a petshop or zoo cant hurt you right?

They wont harm you and they are good for getting rid of insects (which are still thriving fue to the weather) so bloody deal with it.
    Obviously someone doesn't understand phobias :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They're really huge this year! WHY?!?!?!!

ReputationRep:

They wont harm you and they are good for getting rid of insects (which are still thriving fue to the weather) so bloody deal with it.
    A house spider bit me the other day. He was hiding in my shirt and after I put it on he got stuck near my belly button, then when I went to see what the lump under my shirt was it bit me. Left two bite marks and it went orange after 3 days. This was a normal house spider don't forget.

ReputationRep:
    there was a MASSIVE one on my head the other day i moved my hair back and it fell onto my hand omg i wanted to cry

ReputationRep:
    I've had times where I'm on the computer and the lights are off. THen I just see something moving on the corner of my eye and it turns out that *you guessed it!* it's a spider that's 2 inches away from me :O

I've got spider problems outside our front door but that's another problem :P

Just kill them when you see them and you'll be fine .. if they keep showing up, send them a message

ReputationRep:
    I really shouldn't click on these kind of threads. I was reading through, then my dog creeps up and licks my foot and I jump out of my skin, convinced it's another huge spider I keep finding.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was doing some work in the garden today when I kept noticing literally loads of spiders. So I thought I'd have some fun.

I found the biggest 1 inch wide spider I could find, plonked it on the web where a smaller one was just chillin' out.

Watching the madness ensue was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phenomenological)
    Supersonic sound, eh? That's one for the physics textbooks.
    ...No it was a joke with...You know what nm :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    hmm there might be like a hole behind your bed, try and investigate :ninjagirl: There was a huge spider in my room, i saw it for a few days but it saw the size of the heels on my shoes and has ranaway

ReputationRep:
    THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

Wednesday night, I get home, hop in the shower. Turn around... gigantic spider appears out of nowhere at the bottom of the bath, scuttling towards me, so there I am frantically kicking water at it in an attempt to get it to slide down the drain (it works, but barely). Then I jump out of the bath, turn round and it's disappeared.

And I had to get back in the shower after.

Hope you all enjoyed my horrifying anecdote there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Currrrtisssss)
    I was doing some work in the garden today when I kept noticing literally loads of spiders. So I thought I'd have some fun.

I found the biggest 1 inch wide spider I could find, plonked it on the web where a smaller one was just chillin' out.

Watching the madness ensue was awesome.
    lol what impact did the big one have on the small innocent one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixiefairy)
    lol what impact did the big one have on the small innocent one?
    Small one sat in the middle, plocked the big one on the edge.. slowly came together alittle then stopped. Then bam went crazy the little one running all over the web and the big one chasing it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared to pull me bed out. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    A spider doesnt want to hurt you, a spiders content with eating flies and ****ting webs. Thats all it wants to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Currrrtisssss)
    Small one sat in the middle, plocked the big one on the edge.. slowly came together alittle then stopped. Then bam went crazy the little one running all over the web and the big one chasing it!
    nice :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PwnArtist)
    I'm scared to pull me bed out. :cry:
    maybe the spiders have like secret meetings behind your bed :eek:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.