Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    I met a girl last night whilst going into a club who had come out on her own because her flatmates stayed home to have a party.
    She was stood with these guys and one of them was calling her the 'adopted friend'.
    I think she was super brave to go out by herself! And there was a big group of us chatting for ages in the queue which was really nice. I like drunk (tipsy) social people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterFreak)
    So, how did it go?

sorry for the late reply, been swamped with work.

Anyhow, yeah I went out the other week and had a great time. The first bar was empty so i chatted with the barman about Rugby for a while then decided to move onto another bar.

While outside having a smoke i got talking to a girl who was waiting for her friends but they were late. We bought a round of drinks each and talked for ages, when her friends arrived we swapped numbers and I left ...we're going on a date tomorrow

I headed into town to a few lively bars and met a group of guys who were going to a club, i tagged along with them and had a great time.

Really glad i went out alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    I met a girl last night whilst going into a club who had come out on her own because her flatmates stayed home to have a party.
    She was stood with these guys and one of them was calling her the 'adopted friend'.
    I think she was super brave to go out by herself! And there was a big group of us chatting for ages in the queue which was really nice. I like drunk (tipsy) social people

I had a great time when i went out and met a couple of people, both guys and girls who were out alone for various reasons: Just left work, just won some money on the rugby, were bored, and one guy who'd just had a fight with his housemate and needed a beer :P

Also, i see you're in Nottingham! I'm living in Lenton this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethers1989)
    I had a great time when i went out and met a couple of people, both guys and girls who were out alone for various reasons: Just left work, just won some money on the rugby, were bored, and one guy who'd just had a fight with his housemate and needed a beer :P

Also, i see you're in Nottingham! I'm living in Lenton this year

Indeed I am in Nottingham, I'm in St Annes.....:rolleyes:....yet again this year

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this much harder for girls to do anyway, because they'd get constantly hounded by guys?

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine they would. But if they're going out with the intention of meeting people, guess they wont have any dramas. The awkwardness is when you're sat by yourself drinking. lol

ReputationRep:
    I guess depending on the town/city you'd get different people hanging around anyway, but I would probably avoid going out alone unless I knew the place well.

ReputationRep:
    Ive often thought of going out alone, due to friends not being so outgoing and generally being let downs!! lol good to hear you had a good time. for some reason its easier to get chatting to people when they are outside having a smoke, even though i dont smoke lol any more advise from your experience of being out alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethers1989)
    sorry for the late reply, been swamped with work.

Anyhow, yeah I went out the other week and had a great time. The first bar was empty so i chatted with the barman about Rugby for a while then decided to move onto another bar.

While outside having a smoke i got talking to a girl who was waiting for her friends but they were late. We bought a round of drinks each and talked for ages, when her friends arrived we swapped numbers and I left ...we're going on a date tomorrow

I headed into town to a few lively bars and met a group of guys who were going to a club, i tagged along with them and had a great time.

Really glad i went out alone
    Ooooh that is really good! I am happy for you that it went so well! How did your date go?!

ReputationRep:
    went out in brighton and within half hour had lost both my pals and had no phone to contact them , jumped from bar to bar looking for them until i sparked a converation with a group of girls and ending up going to a house party lol , it is possible i just wouldn't personally go out alone as one off the first things you will be asked if you begin talking to someone is "who are you out with" replying noone will make you seem a tad weird.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.