Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! I am a second year northumbria student. Great place to study, I stayed in knoll court in 1st year. It's the place you want to stay in if your doing a business course, it's only 2 mins walk from the business school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stesani)
    Congratulations!
    That must be very exciting. Did you have an interview?
    Nope, just got a conditional offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    Congrats! Do you know if you'll choose it as either firm/insurance yet?
    Thank you! It's going to be my firm, im sure!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Product Design and Design for Industry at Northumbria. Haven't made up my mind which i like more so I've applied to both :P Sent off my UCAS a few days ago so hoping for offers. Really hope I get in because the University seems really great!

ReputationRep:
    Primary Ed...hoping I get a place!!! xx

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Law (Exempting)

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer
    Conditional for Psychology - ABB

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Law (Exempting)
    Ooh congratulations! I applied for the same but I only applied last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallonSmith)
    Ooh congratulations! I applied for the same but I only applied last week
    Cool, I applied around mid-October, so about 3/4 weeks ago? So you might get one in a couple of weeks time (or few days if they've only recently started making offers)

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I applied around mid-October, so about 3/4 weeks ago? So you might get one in a couple of weeks time (or few days if they've only recently started making offers)
    Is Northumbria your firm or insurance? I applied last year for Law but I didn't really research my Uni's thoroughly so decided to reapply this year. I do hope I get an offer, it looks a great campus.

ReputationRep:
    Is Northumbria your firm or insurance? I applied last year for Law but I didn't really research my Uni's thoroughly so decided to reapply this year. I do hope I get an offer, it looks a great campus.
    Firm, I've applied before as well and didn't research properly but in 2010. I went to 6th form from school and did the IB Diploma instead of A levels but it was the school's first year of doing it and everyone either wasn't entered or did really badly. I moved to college and did A levels instead and am now doing much better, and now there's several unis I can apply for I've looked into them all properly.

Have you been on an open day? I went to the one in July and loved the Law school, it also had the best SU from the unis I looked at and tons of great accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Law (Exempting) ABB!

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for three courses at Northumbria. Went to the open day! It looks like a great uni! I'm applying for Media and Journalism, Journalism and English Language Studies (:

Hope I get offers!

ReputationRep:
    Firm, I've applied before as well and didn't research properly but in 2010. I went to 6th form from school and did the IB Diploma instead of A levels but it was the school's first year of doing it and everyone either wasn't entered or did really badly. I moved to college and did A levels instead and am now doing much better, and now there's several unis I can apply for I've looked into them all properly.

Have you been on an open day? I went to the one in July and loved the Law school, it also had the best SU from the unis I looked at and tons of great accomodation.
    What are your predicted grades? I don't know whether to risk an AAB and AAA choice instead of a BCC one. Oh I've heard of the IB Diploma but unsure of what it really consisted of. I applied last year to Man Met, UCLan, Leeds Met (twice) and Sussex, but I didn't research it properly either.

No I haven't been to the open day, but I've heard great things about the Law School

ReputationRep:
    What are your predicted grades? I don't know whether to risk an AAB and AAA choice instead of a BCC one. Oh I've heard of the IB Diploma but unsure of what it really consisted of. I applied last year to Man Met, UCLan, Leeds Met (twice) and Sussex, but I didn't research it properly either.

No I haven't been to the open day, but I've heard great things about the Law School
    I'm predicted A*AA and got AABC at AS, realistically I think I'll get AAB/ABB though. I think it's worth having one choice you aim high with, you can then always have two realistic firms and two realistic insurance choices. I picked Oxford (high choice), Northumbria (first choice realistic firm ABB), Huddersfield (second choice realistic firm AAB), Sunderland (realistic insurance BCC) & Plymouth (realistic insurance 300 UCAS). I haven't decided which way round Plymouth & Sunderland are yet.

And remember if you get an offer and miss it then you've always got an insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    Oi oi folks!

Applied for adult nursing hons degree.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Monday 14th September is Student Finance Day! This is a national day dedicated to explaining the 2012 changes to student finance in England.

The main aim of Student Finance Day is simple - to ensure people understand how the new student finance package works before they make a decision as to whether they can afford to go to university.

At Northumbria we’re doing our best to provide clear, concise information about student finance, and to support scholars with a generous range of scholarships and bursaries.

Find out more by visiting our Finance and Scholarships web page: http://poweredby.northumbria.ac.uk/support/home.html

ReputationRep:
    I've received a conditional offer to study Sociology woo!
    99.9% sure i'll put Northumbria as my insurance choice.
    As far as 'back up's' go, I'd say Northumbria's a pretty sweet one

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Computer Forensics With Placement Year and i want to get into camden courts

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Geography and Geography with Enviromental Management.
    Hope I get an offer back soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.