Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    That's just plain fat. Well for a male.

I think it's great you're learning all these buzz words and you're getting really involved in helping people, but it doesn't make anything you say worthwhile.
    I dont help people, i educate them.

did at any point i say 30% bodyfat was not fat, no i didnt, LRN2READ.

also your probably just a good ole fashion neckbeard anyway . . . .OMG I LEARNT ANOTHER BUZZ WORD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evertn4lif)
    I dont help people, i educate them.

did at any point i say 30% bodyfat was not fat, no i didnt, LRN2READ.

also your probably just a good ole fashion neckbeard anyway . . . .OMG I LEARNT ANOTHER BUZZ WORD
    *you're

But at 30% bodyfat people aren't skinnyfat....they're just plain old fat.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I just tried this, I wonder if it's actually true... guess my result means I should start eating more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekiwifruit01)
    Lol I just tried this, I wonder if it's actually true... guess my result means I should start eating more
    haha what does it say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evertn4lif)
    Let me think, say there is a guy with 30% bodyfat but he looks slim with clothes on, so he looks in the mirror and think "im slim so obviously im healthy" But guess what, he is not healthy, he is actualy very unhealthy, that is why bodyfat % is important my friend, its not just about how you look
    You're being really obtuse. Who would look at themselves when fully clothed to try to gauge how happy their are with their body fat levels? Only people who kid themselves into needing all sorts of fancy contraptions think that having to know a particular number is the only way of being able to determine if their carrying too much fat.

BRB, getting a dexa scan reading that says 27% of me is made up of fat, ah now I know I should concentrate on losing some fat :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eagleowl)
    I just tried the website for interests sake and it was accurate to within 2% in my case.
    I know my body fat as of 3 days ago because it was measured for a Biology Laboratory.
    Pretty impressive.
    What method of measurement was used for your Bio stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    What method of measurement was used for your Bio stuff?
    The scales you stand on in bare feet that send a current around your body and read how the signal is blocked by your fat cells (they don't conduct electricity as well). They take into account your gender, age, height and weight.
    My lecturer said they're pretty accurate.

ReputationRep:
    The scales you stand on in bare feet that send a current around your body and read how the signal is blocked by your fat cells (they don't conduct electricity as well). They take into account your gender, age, height and weight.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Who negged me? ...

It's quite accurate. Mine came out at 11.6% and that seems right visually too.

ReputationRep:
    That is one of the most inaccurate ways to measure body fat - read the bodyfat bull link in my siggy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    That is one of the most inaccurate ways to measure body fat - read the bodyfat bull link in my siggy
    Cheers, that was really interesting. Guess my lecturers don't know everything.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, that was really interesting. Guess my lecturers don't know everything.
    Nobody does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuffme)
    haha what does it say?
    Well I didn't have a tape measure, but I know what my minimum and maximum measurements are so I tried with both and it said between 12.4% and 14.9% body fat, which is pretty bad considering I don't exercise... But I do eat a normal/large amount and have a fast metabolism

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.