Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minnie46)
    I like Ludovico Einaudi's stuff check him out on youtube. Some of the pieces are challenging cause u r just starting out but persevere. Its classical music btw.
    Einaudi =/= classical music. That's just an insult.

ReputationRep:
    One of my favourites:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.alexanderh)
    I hate on Einaudi. Am I an elitist ***** now?

@OP: On a more useful note: http://imslp.org/wiki/3_Gymnop%C3%A9dies_(Satie,_Erik).

No; Einaudi is an untalented, populist hack.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjc59FgUpg&ob=av2n

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minnie46)
    I like Ludovico Einaudi's stuff check him out on youtube. Some of the pieces are challenging cause u r just starting out but persevere. Its classical music btw.
    No: it's formulaic, banal ****e. Wallpaper-mâché, even.

Granted, I'm no muso, but when you can anticipate every single key-change and chord-progression within a given sequence of notes – and each is guaranteed to repeat at least three times, with only minor variations – what's the point?

(Original post by theclash...)
    A panoply of styles:-

Baroque:

Spoiler:
    Show

Classical:

Spoiler:
    Show

Romantic:

Spoiler:
    Show

Contemporary:

Spoiler:
    Show

Sakamoto (because he's earned it):

Spoiler:
    Show

Enjoy.

N.B. Not all piano, I realise, but I'm recycling from an earlier contribution to save time (and besides which, I daresay many of those will have piano arrangements available elsewhere).

ReputationRep:
    Einaudi is sh!t. If that makes me elitist then that is a price I am prepared to pay in order for you to know how sh!t he is. His music has literally nothing to offer you.

ReputationRep:
    Yiruma's done better stuff than River Flows In You. :nothing: I've disliked it ever since that Twilight rip off.

I love Yiruma, though. Beloved, My Memory and Kiss the Rain are all fantastic.

I also like Aerith's Theme and Tifa's Theme from Final Fantasy on the piano. And Eyes On Me.

And this: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and how about Joe Hisaishi? He's the guy who did all the music for Studio Ghibli films (Totoro.. Spirited Away).

ReputationRep:
    This on piano. It's actually on youtube somewhere with the sheet music I think. I'm trying to learn it myself. But I can't remember how to read music so I'm listening to it on a loop then imitating the best I can. :L

Edit: Ok, I know it's not all piano, but you can still play the tune on the piano. I love this song far too much. :love:

ReputationRep:
    to zanarkand - nobuo uematsu

ReputationRep:
    Check out- Schubert, Heller, Nyman.

Easy stuff but some are really beautiful.

ReputationRep:

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theclash...)
    Haay,

I'm learning how to play the piano at the moment, I only have a keyboard though >.< but I have a friend who said I can use their piano anytime

I played the guitar for 3 years and I feel its just not for me. However everytime I hear the piano I love it and just generally really like pianos xD

I have just learnt "unfaithful" on piano by watching someone play it on youtube, the best one I could find and listening and matching the notes they were playing.

The problem is I mostly listen to heavy rock and metal music, so I don't know much piano music >.<, could people please list some good piano songs...
    Thank you!! Much appreciated
    billy joel has a lot of great piano stuff eg. piano man and new york state of mind
    a thousand miles-vanessa carlton
    coldplay have a lot of piano stuff too like the scientist
    to build a home-cinematic orchestra
    TINY DANCER-ELTON JOHN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21Grapes)
    Oh, and how about Joe Hisaishi? He's the guy who did all the music for Studio Ghibli films (Totoro.. Spirited Away).
    Yes! 'One Summer's Day' is amazing

ReputationRep:
    This:

ReputationRep:
    Youtube Yiruma. Not the easiest to play but amazing amazing music.

ReputationRep:
    Toms Babaras-visions
    Nocturne No.21 in C minor op.post- chopin
    fabrizo paterlini-Girasoli e lavanda

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as though you are new to piano, focus on simple songs. Get the book "First Lessons in Bach: Books 1 and 2", great pieces for learning how to play and they sound great too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    This is more like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    This:

This is stunning! And super easy to learn OP.

Heres a v.good tutorial.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.