Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amstead)
    Cheese and Marmite Panani ;D
    you mean panini? :amazing:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand all these lattes frapuccinos cappuccinos. I understand tea, coffee, hot chocolate. What the flip is an espresso. I haven't ever been to starbucks. I don't really like hot drinks too much, and if I do get something, it's from Costa, a hot chocolate in the winter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashfully)
    Cafe Nero's better
    Indeed, Starbucks burn their coffee. Let's all boycott this thread and go to Caffe Nero

ReputationRep:
    Caramel Macchiato. I don't have a clue what it actually is, but it tastes like heaven.

ReputationRep:
    I usually get a flat white or a latte, with skimmed milk. It's the same regardless of where I go, really.

ReputationRep:
    Tall iced caramel macchiato!!! Or not iced on a cold day. If it's really hot then just an iced latte. Or if it's christmas it's gotta be toffee nut latte!!

ReputationRep:
    strawberry & cream frappacino, or in the winter gingerbread latte.
    hardly ever go though, because its super expensive. also caffeine makes me go a bit weird.
    but they do taste damn gooood!

ReputationRep:
    Venti americano with steamed milk - Tastes like heaven

ReputationRep:
    Java Chip Frappuccino but not very often.

ReputationRep:
    Tall Mochafrapuccino with whipped cream and chocolate dust sprinkled on top. MMMM!!
    But now that it's getting cold, I need to find a new Starbucks-favourite

ReputationRep:
    Chai tea latte <3

ReputationRep:
    Grande skinny sugarfree vanilla latte. Or gingerbread at Christmas! Mango passionfruit if it's really hot

ReputationRep:
    grande chocolate cream chip frappucino with extra cream on top...

ReputationRep:
    A cup of tea, as I HATE coffee!

ReputationRep:
    Signature caramel hot chocolate, whip and extra caramel sauce. Usually a tall or grande... A venti would send me so hyper! And a BLT if I decide I'm hungry lol.
    The rewards card does come in handy for freebies sometimes. 2 free sachets of Starbucks coffee through my lettterbox? Thanks very muchly

(Original post by Please Register)
    I don't understand all these lattes frapuccinos cappuccinos. I understand tea, coffee, hot chocolate. What the flip is an espresso. I haven't ever been to starbucks. I don't really like hot drinks too much, and if I do get something, it's from Costa, a hot chocolate in the winter.
    This.

"Can I get a tall skinny mocha espresso Crème Brûlée macchiato cappuccino frappé with soy milk please?"

What the **** are you talking about? I just want a latte.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to pretentious and vastly overpriced coffee shops, so my answer is "nothing".

A cup of coffee should cost you no more than £1, it only costs them pennies to make it FFS - and they should provide free newspapers.

ReputationRep:
    Caramel frappuccino with cream and chocolate sauce, or the chocolate cream frappuccino. I haven't been there in ages though, it's too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Grande americano. double shot if it's second cup of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I don't go to pretentious and vastly overpriced coffee shops, so my answer is "nothing".

A cup of coffee should cost you no more than £1, it only costs them pennies to make it FFS - and they should provide free newspapers.
    I bet you drink beer though. Think about it. Beer is just water, mass produced in vast factories to boil in some hops, sugar and yeast. A latte or cappacinno is milk, thus much more expensive than water, and the drink is freshly prepared to your liking. Of course the material costs are low, they are a business and that is what you do, whether you're selling coffee, beer, mobile phones or whatever. The fact is, I can enjoy a pint of delicious coffee in pleasant surroundings for much less than a pint of beer in most licensed establishments, and not suffer the associated imbeciles, their smells and their often aggressive behaviour. I've never seen a fight in a coffee shop yet, and many DO provide free newspapers (if you count the Daily Mail anyway).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.