Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mr speaker, this bill seems to say that if there are 99 houses and 1 shop within 600 feet that is approximately 183 metres it is ok to cremate people in the open. Would it not be better for the councils to have their own permits to cremate people in the open on a clear area?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I'm definitely voting no to anything with poor numbering onto our statute books. The Queen would be appalled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Can thunder_chunky give a short introduction to this Bill for those of us not expert in the current legislation and issues surrounding cremation. What are the rules currently? Why do they need to be changed? Why are your rules the right rules?
    I'll add that before the second reading

(Original post by jsb123)
    I have no objections to this in principle, although I am a little dubious as to the practicalities of fires not reaching the right temperature, or blowing out, and the mourners being left with a half-melted relative. Of course, all cremations have the risk of being incomplete, but this method seems more prone to it.

Despite this, it seems an acceptable alternative to indoor cremation.

(On another point, is the acronym OFL a little inappropriate, especially if said out loud?)
    Half melted relatives made me :lol:
    How they get the flames to such a temporature that cremation can sufficiently take place is, I would say, not neccesary to mention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I'll add that before the second reading
    No chance of giving it to us now in a post so we can discuss it?

ReputationRep:
    No chance of giving it to us now in a post so we can discuss it?
    Ok I'll see what I can do.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll see what I can do.
    :confused: Surely you already know what the current legislation is and what the arguments are for changing them?

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Surely you already know what the current legislation is and what the arguments are for changing them?
    I'll have to go back to the various websites I used as a source.
    Plus I'm at work at the moment.

So I'll get the relevant text and post it soonish

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to go back to the various websites I used as a source.
    Plus I'm at work at the moment.

So I'll get the relevant text and post it soonish
    OK

ReputationRep:
    How they get the flames to such a temporature that cremation can sufficiently take place is, I would say, not neccesary to mention.
    I was merely curious.

ReputationRep:
    Could I be forgiven for not fully understanding the purpose of the Bill, other than for the sake of writing a Bill. I cannot see any reason to disagree with the proposition, but nevertheless I don't think it's a particularly important issue. Unless it is perhaps to make some pagans or religious folk happy in some way...

ReputationRep:
    This is in cessation.

ReputationRep:
    This has gone to second reading, here.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.