Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    Sorry to hijack your thread, OP, but how is Essex in terms of its leniency on late submission and plagiarism?
    I had mixed experience. They are more lenient about the hard copy than they are about the electronic submission though.

Better to just always be on time.

(Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete)
    Ugh, I spent half an hour trying to submit my first assignment on the uni website and then when it actually worked it took five minutes to scan, taking me over the deadline. The site kept logging me off when I was trying to submit it, and it's really frustrating that I managed to finish it when I'm feeling like crap (bad cold and a stomach bug at the same time, coupled with nausea that's lasted a month) but the bloody website wouldn't let me submit it. I've emailed it to my lecturer (who is also my personal tutor) explaining but they were really clear on the no extensions rule in our introductory lecture.

TL;DR- Uni website was playing up and I couldn't submit work in time, what are the odds that I've just lost 20% of this year's grade?
    As others will have said, this sometimes depends on the individual lecturer or School/Department policy. The thing about strict deadlines is that they are intended to encourage you to make arrangements so you're not going to miss them even taking into account delays and problems out of your control. In my experience (as both a student and as a past employee of a university dealing with submissions) too many students organise their work so as to submit on the deadline day itself - it's good practice to set your own personal deadline a day or two before at the least so that a late bus or a broken printer doesn't get you into trouble. If you have longterm or ongoing health problems you usually have a university protocol which allows this to be taken into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Wow thats harsh, do you know why its different? Anyway I don't think I could afford to lose 10 marks for any of my assignments so I'm making sure I hand them in on time.
    I have no idea but it really sucks.
    Ditto! If by on time you mean 20 minutes before deadlines

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.