Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    They took her job innit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahaneap)
    Stab her in the stomach.
    What about a softer punishment...?

Notice the meaning of the bolded letter.

ReputationRep:
    Is she single?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    How comes us Black people are getting away with it? And deh muzzlims!! Or you just didn't include an example? Anyway, not much you can do except maybe influence the children as much as you can. Take them out, let them see the world. Talk to them, teach them. Children don't have to = their parents.
    Oh no, she hates muslims as well and she's casually racist about black people, I just don't have any good examples about that behaviour (other than her shouting about *people who come from Pakistan* when she drives (I don't want to use the word she uses). I really don't get why she thinks because she's white, British-born and Christian she's somehow superior to the rest of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete)
    The problem is, she's twenty seven and married (to a felow racist) with kids. I doubt she's going to grow out of this.
    And I don't want to distance myself from her because then I wouldn't get to see my nieces. Urgh.
    She might not be able to change, but do make sure you talk to the kids once in a while. A lot of problems in the world are caused by closeted upbringings , and they don't deserve that.

ReputationRep:
    hey dont knock it, non-Germanic/Celtic immigrants arent wanted here end of an thats why were racist against em! we didnt ask for em in t'first place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Why don't you tell her that her father is/was immigrant. Post her reply here.
    Apparently my grandparents were "good immigrants" because they worked ****ty jobs for the first few years they were here (and then my grandfather got a great job and they could afford v. expensive houses and to send my dad to public school), so they "paid their dues to British society".... UGH

Can't we just be proud that we live in a country that is so wonderful that people actively want to come here to live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YorkieLad101)
    hey dont knock it, non-Germanic/Celtic immigrants arent wanted here end of an thats why were racist against em! we didnt ask for em in t'first place!
    Who exactly is "we"? The BNP or the EDL? Because on my mother's family have been British since Tudor times at least and I don't see any of them saying such things?

ReputationRep:
    My sister uses racist slurs, rants about Polish people/ anyone emigrating to England (our father was a Hungarian refugee who came to England as a child, but apparently that was okay), is openly anti-semetic (apparently she "hates Jews", nevermind that our great grandmother was killed in a concentration camp for having Jewish ancestors) and it really gets to me. I just can't stand to be around her most of the time. Whenever I question her she just makes fun of me for being "naive"... Ugh, how can I reconcile the fact that this horrible person is my sister?
    Part of this could be to do with attention-seeking, ignorance, or just simply wanting to annoy you. Her rants are probably less to do with how she really feels about these issues (I doubt she's really explored them) and more to do with expressing feelings towards you (and/or your and her parents). My advice would not be to challenge her outright, as that's just giving her the reaction that she's clearly trying to incite; instead, I'd change the subject to something going on in her life, putting the focus back on your sisterly relationship rather than her childish attempts to goad you. Initially she'll feel frustrated by that, but in the end you'll most likely stop these outbursts.

Of course, we can't all be superhumanly understanding. Sometimes you'll just want to slap her

EditL Okay, I just read your follow-ups. She's racist, it seems. There's not much you can do about that, I guess; it will probably always form some sort of barrier between you in terms of understanding.

ReputationRep:
    Who exactly is "we"? The BNP or the EDL? Because on my mother's family have been British since Tudor times at least and I don't see any of them saying such things?
    both an other anti-immigrant people, natives basicaly

wow, me familys been here for like at least 3,000 years or so in some form, if not longer than that

me mums dads family is welsh an t'welsh are descended from ancient british who lived here before t'romans arrived!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_alba)
    Part of this could be to do with attention-seeking, ignorance, or just simply wanting to annoy you. Her rants are probably less to do with how she really feels about these issues (I doubt she's really explored them) and more to do with expressing feelings towards you (and/or your and her parents). My advice would not be to challenge her outright, as that's just giving her the reaction that she's clearly trying to incite; instead, I'd change the subject to something going on in her life, putting the focus back on your sisterly relationship rather than her childish attempts to goad you. Initially she'll feel frustrated by that, but in the end you'll most likely stop these outbursts.

Of course, we can't all be superhumanly understanding. Sometimes you'll just want to slap her
    I try but it's ridiculously hard. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

wow, me familys been here for like 6,000 years or so
    And you can trace that? Really doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, she hates muslims as well and she's casually racist about black people, I just don't have any good examples about that behaviour (other than her shouting about *people who come from Pakistan* when she drives (I don't want to use the word she uses). I really don't get why she thinks because she's white, British-born and Christian she's somehow superior to the rest of the world.
    :console:

My siblings are awesome if it makes you feel any better. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    And you can trace that? Really doubt it.
    havent tried but its obvious, im descended from ancient british, me ancestors fowt for freedom against t'romans

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can really say anything to change people like this. She'll realize how wrong she is someday. She probably has problems with herself and just wants to project it onto other people you know? I recently read a story about a guy who was in KKK and now he's completely changed. So if he can do it, your sister can. Just give her time...

ReputationRep:
    because we are! we ruled a quater of it, noone else has! hitler admired how we ruled india an wanted an alliance, wonder what wudve appened if wed joined with our german brothers

ReputationRep:
    I have this exact problem with allllll of my friends

ReputationRep:
    By any chance are you a middle class family, and does your sister spend a lot of time on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    :console:

My siblings are awesome if it makes you feel any better. :sadnod:
    I have two other sisters who are awesome, so it balances out!

ReputationRep:

wow, me familys been here for like at least 3,000 years or so in some form, if not longer than that

me mums dads family is welsh an t'welsh are descended from ancient british who lived here before t'romans arrived!
    Do you want a medal? All it takes is some shagging and then popping out your Mum's vagina in what happens to be the UK

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.