Turn on thread page Beta

Mario Kart Society... watch

ReputationRep:
    I always use the same character/kart combo on MK:Wii - call me boring but I love it.

ReputationRep:
    merry xmas guys the wifi on 7 is great. Earlier I had the highest VR in my room so i'm happy I have ideas for tourneys if anyone is intrested...

ReputationRep:
    Mario Kart wii is sick. Funky Kong in the Flame Flyer, that vehicle is easily the best if you're a decent driver and know the tracks. I could rinse everyone of you I AM THE MARIO KART LORD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    Anyone got MK7? I'll start a TSR community, code is 41-5795-7864-5714
    Yes, I have and i've added the group. I have tournament ideas written down somewhere so hopefully we will be able to do them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    I've signed up to it! Me and my 50cc skills are obviously going to work to my advantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DragonWalnut157)
    I've signed up to it! Me and my 50cc skills are obviously going to work to my advantage
    Yay someone else! welcome to the community

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Yay someone else! welcome to the community
    Why thank you! :P
    So far I'm just browsing on it at random times, probably not the best way to actually race :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    I'll join it later! Didn't know you could have communities like that TBH but sounds like fun

ReputationRep:
    Double Dash it's definitely my favourite. It's even better at multiplayer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moviebuffateer)
    SNES version is still my fav.

Is there anyway of playing the new Mario Kart 7 on the Wii?

Mario Kart Wii has probably been the most used of all my Wii games but it does become boring and need new tracks and features.

I find it very disappointing that Nintendo neglect their main system and delibrately produce exclusive games for their handhelds to make more money (or they think they are despite me been a massive Mario Kart fan I wont be purchasing multiple Nintendo systems within a generation of the main system).

They should port games to all their systems thus remaining Nintendo exclusive but permitting all Nintendo owners to user the game.
    Indeed ports may alter depending on the hardware but so be it at least every Nintendo owner could enjoy the game in some form.

As it stands it feels like Nintendo are sticking their two fingers up and Wii owners or at least laughing and expecting them to pay out more money on a system so that they can play one game.
    Ermm no there isn't a way to play MK7 3DS on Wii...
    Nintendo aren't forcing you to buy 3DS and why would they bother making another MK game for the Wii again. Wii is almost at the end of its life anyway, Wii U is out next year.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have and i've added the group. I have tournament ideas written down somewhere so hopefully we will be able to do them.

(Original post by DragonWalnut157)

(Original post by Xero Xenith)
    I'll join it later! Didn't know you could have communities like that TBH but sounds like fun
    So we got a few people, cool

This is my 3DS friend code 1676 - 3665 - 6584
    Add me if you want guys and inbox me your friend codes if you do.

ReputationRep:
    x
    I'm still waiting for the Special Cup reviews :teehee:
    I'd do it myself, but I don't want to steal your thunder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I'm still waiting for the Special Cup reviews :teehee:
    I'd do it myself, but I don't want to steal your thunder.
    Really? Well if your that intrested I might post it later. I'd love to hear your thoughts too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moviebuffateer)
    As I said before it is not about making another Wii MK it is about porting what they have produced; it wont be hard for them to do.

IMO Wii died yonks ago however I note they released Zelda Skyward Sword recently thus you cannot say it is to late for them to release another MK on Wii can you!
    Yeah but SS was allready in development and was delayed,it probably is the last major release for Wii anyway. SS was a brand new game as well, while MK on Wii again would be the same and it was awful anyway, there will be a new one on Wii U.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm gonna leave a little wifi racing log here because I have nothing better to do with my life so here goes! For these races im using Luigi with the Blue Seven, Normal Wheels and Parafoil.

Race 1: Melody Motorway- Took an early lead after the piano, just to get with a Blue Shell. This guy got about 3 in a row =/. Lucky on last lap Shy Guy infront got hit allowing me to take 1st!

Race 2: SNES Rainbow Road- I see this track way to much online. Anyways got a good rocket start and decent items to get me a hefty lead, half way through lap 2 I got Blue Shell'ed but Shy Guy hit my Banana earlier so I was home dry. 1st Place.

Race 3: Wario's Galleon- This was far to easy. No-one boost started, the guy behind me fell off leaving me with a massive lead, no-one caught up to me. 1st Place.

Race 4: Toad Circuit- Wow. Just wow. No-one got the boost start again I managed to win easily. I even got Blue Shell'ed didn't matter though 1st Place.

Race 5: N64 Luigi Raceway- Finnaly actual competition. Got overkilled with items during the second lap dropping me to 6th but I managed to pull back to get 2nd.

Current VR: 2131 (highest in the room)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    Mario Kart wii is sick. Funky Kong in the Flame Flyer, that vehicle is easily the best if you're a decent driver and know the tracks.
    Funky Kong in the Bower Bike/Flamerunner is the fastest combination on the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Funky Kong in the Bower Bike/Flamerunner is the fastest combination on the game.
    To overused in all honesty. I prefer using DK or King Boo for heavyweights ^^

ReputationRep:
    To overused in all honesty. I prefer using DK or King Boo for heavyweights ^^
    He's overused because he's the fastest. If you don't want to use Funky, your best bet is to use Rosa. She's not as fast, but she can easily keep up with him on wifi.

You can also use Daisy on the Mach Bike. She's good, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    He's overused because he's the fastest. If you don't want to use Funky, your best bet is to use Rosa. She's not as fast, but she can easily keep up with him on wifi.

You can also use Daisy on the Mach Bike. She's good, too.
    He is the fastest but it's just annoying seeing him every other race. Daisy is quite good on Mach though, but I like Koopa Troopa on Bullet Bike

ReputationRep:
    I've never had any problems in-game using Yoshi on the Turbo Blooper.

Other favourites are Dry Bones in the pram thing or King Boo in the Piranha Prowler.

I don't like bikes. :p:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.