Not sure if serious...

You don't watch manga....
    i mean read of couse ...
    hah can't get my head around
    cause i watch it and read it too
    so yeah.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I like anime but there is nothing on that list unique to anime (save for Hayao Miyazaki who doesn't really do TV anyway).
    Aniem has way more unique and interesting stories which you wont find in TV or movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kat~)
    You're obviously just comparing it to soaps. Try watching some good telly, there's a lot of it around.

I personally find anime one of the most annoying things around. I read a few mangas, but I can't be doing with all the crappy animation, high pitched voices and squeeling.
    vegetarians are far more annoying than anime >:[

Try watching some good anime?

ReputationRep:
    people who watch soap's and think thats better than anime, must be stupid or what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crowhaven)
    vegetarians are far more annoying than anime >:[

Try watching some good anime?
    Why should I care about your oh-so-original views on vegetarians? Go gorge yourself on meat, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me.

Would you care to recommend some?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kat~)
    Why should I care about your oh-so-original views on vegetarians? Go gorge yourself on meat, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me.

Would you care to recommend some?
    i would recommend some but your obviously just here to trollololol. Entertainment > Anime and Comics forum Derp.

But i'll give you my 2011 list just cuz i like cats.

1. No.6
    2. Tiger & Bunny
    3. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
    4. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
    5. Working!!
    6. Mirai Nikki
    7. Persona 4 The Animation
    8. Nichijou
    9. Ao no Exorcist
    10. Fate/Zero
    11. Jewelpet Tinkle
    12. Mawaru Penguindrum
    13. Gintama
    14. HeartCatch PreCure!
    15. Natsume Yuujinchou
    16. Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
    17. Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
    18. Usagi Drop
    19. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
    20. Suite PreCure
    21. Steins;Gate
    22. Shinryaku!? Ikamusume
    23. Nurarihyon no Mago
    24. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    25. Hanasaku Iroha

Mixed for her pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to say that one type of show is just "better" than another. It all comes down to a person's taste and what they find entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    i would recommend some but your obviously just here to trollololol. Entertainment > Anime and Comics forum Derp.

But i'll give you my 2011 list just cuz i like cats.

1. No.6
    2. Tiger & Bunny
    3. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
    4. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
    5. Working!!
    6. Mirai Nikki
    7. Persona 4 The Animation
    8. Nichijou
    9. Ao no Exorcist
    10. Fate/Zero
    11. Jewelpet Tinkle
    12. Mawaru Penguindrum
    13. Gintama
    14. HeartCatch PreCure!
    15. Natsume Yuujinchou
    16. Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
    17. Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
    18. Usagi Drop
    19. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
    20. Suite PreCure
    21. Steins;Gate
    22. Shinryaku!? Ikamusume
    23. Nurarihyon no Mago
    24. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    25. Hanasaku Iroha

Mixed for her pleasure.

How am I here to troll? The OP expressed an opion, I disagreed, but instead of just chucking random insults their way I actually explained why I disliked anime, and that I much preferred manga. As opposed to your comment about me being a vegertarian, which was pretty pointless given the context.

I read a few of those mangas when I was pretty into my Jstuff, but as I said earlier, not keen on the anime. The main reason I dislike anime is because of pointless filler episodes which do nothing for the actual plot, and personally I just can't stand the format.

Have fun watching your anime, I'm not here to stop you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ~Kat~)
    How am I here to troll? The OP expressed an opion, I disagreed, but instead of just chucking random insults their way I actually explained why I disliked anime, and that I much preferred manga. As opposed to your comment about me being a vegertarian, which was pretty pointless given the context.

I read a few of those mangas when I was pretty into my Jstuff, but as I said earlier, not keen on the anime. The main reason I dislike anime is because of pointless filler episodes which do nothing for the actual plot, and personally I just can't stand the format.

Have fun watching your anime, I'm not here to stop you.
    I'd agree with you a lot. I still enjoy anime a lot however, a lot of it has put me off just because of fillers and I think in some series, it actually looses momentum and its edge. Like for Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, I pretty much stopped watching the episodes and solely read their manga now. I'll tune in for those scenes which you just want to see animated but apart from that, don't see a whole lot of point.

I read a lot of manga for a lot of shows with animes just because I like manga too, love to see the art and a lot is lost when you animate something compared to its still shots - I'd say it can be just as good and much better than anime in a lot of instances.

Mixed for her pleasure.
    This list is automatically void as Gintama isn't at the top :sadnod: Though, good selection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    I'd agree with you a lot. I still enjoy anime a lot however, a lot of it has put me off just because of fillers and I think in some series, it actually looses momentum and its edge. Like for Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, I pretty much stopped watching the episodes and solely read their manga now. I'll tune in for those scenes which you just want to see animated but apart from that, don't see a whole lot of point.

I read a lot of manga for a lot of shows with animes just because I like manga too, love to see the art and a lot is lost when you animate something compared to its still shots - I'd say it can be just as good and much better than anime in a lot of instances.

This list is automatically void as Gintama isn't at the top :sadnod: Though, good selection.
    I love anime, but never liked Gintama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    First time i agree with OP :eek:
    Theres a first for everything

ReputationRep:
    Disregarding filler, anime is amazing.

Also learning Japanese has made the experience quite better for me...

At the moment I follow;

1) Naruto
    2) Beelzebub
    3) Fairy Tail
    4) Bakuman
    5) One Piece
    6) HSDK (Seriously, cut out the nude).....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ideas4life)
    1. Hayao Miyazaki
    On film 4 they have been doing a Studio Ghibli season which is great!
    Death Note is a favourite of mine too.

ReputationRep:
    Spongebob Squarepants and Mickey Mouse are my favorite anime characters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    Then atleast be friends with one muslim, without dissing their religion?
    I have Muslim friends, but doubt they consider me a friend at all.

I tell them that their religion teaches that they should not be friends with the kafir (infidel), and they say thats true (maybe they joke when they admit it, regardless, theres evidence for my claim)

lets not discuss this here.

You can add me as a friend if you want, i will accept it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllisonAdorkable)
    Spongebob Squarepants and Mickey Mouse are my favorite anime characters.

i like them to...but my favourite is drug dealer billy ....the guy who sells the spinach to popeye.

p.s not every anime fan is like the inverse of your comic. though i have no problem with ones that are or think like that

ReputationRep:
    I find some parts of the manga Cardcaptors strange. Don't get me wrong it's a really good manga but the teacher/student relationship borders on disturbing to me. It's weird though how Twilight is this massive franchise that makes millions in the West, if the Rika/Terada storyline was used in the West then there would no doubt be massive backlash but it's okay for a wolf man to fall in love with a baby. It's all really strange to me. The English Cardcaptors removes the Toya (aka Tori)/Yukito (aka Julien) love story completely but you can go into the cinema anytime and catch a wolf-man crushing on a newborn anytime.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that I agree.

Jaraiya sensei dying > amy pond from Dr who dying (in terms of emotions). And doctor who is one of the most popular british television programs, unfortunately.

Look at it from a different pov, the people in this country actually watch british television and like it. Hence they are not going to change it any time soon. Can you imagine an eastenders stereotype watching Naruto? :coma:

EDIT: amy pond isn't actually dead. I was just giving an example of what people in this country may find "emotional" or "saddening".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    I have to say that I agree.

Jaraiya sensei dying > amy pond from Dr who dying (in terms of emotions). And doctor who is one of the most popular british television programs, unfortunately.

Look at it from a different pov, the people in this country actually watch british television and like it. Hence they are not going to change it any time soon. Can you imagine an eastenders stereotype watching Naruto? :coma:

EDIT: amy pond isn't actually dead. I was just giving an example of what people in this country may find "emotional" or "saddening".
    love naruto

ReputationRep:
    I honestly hope you guys are not grown adults watching anime.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.