Turn on thread page Beta

OMG Amazon are having an XBOX 360 GIVEAWAY!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problemsolver)
    Well done sounds like you got a good deal
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    Don't like the PS3; controllers are built for those with feminine hands, AWFUL AWFUL game selection, controller layout is all wrong
    ^^^
    Haters gonna hate
    :rolleyes: LOL

I got £120 of free stuff. Can you do better? I think not.
    not trolling you or anything but i just want to point out that its not £120 of free stuff... its just that you pay 120 quid less of your own money.... thats not free stuff at all....

ReputationRep:
    OP, have you conducted a Cost Benefit Analysis to incorporate the hidden costs of having an XBOX on your degree/life?

Giveaway? More like takeaway, amirite.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but for £199 i got an XBOX, BF3, Forza 4, 12 month XBL and Halo: CE Anniversary.
    The cheapest console i found online was £160 on ebay.
    You don't get halo in that bundle, you muppet. It's not mentioned anywhere on the page. I bought my Xbox for £140 new a few months ago; if you wait until after Xmas, the price will drop again shortly.

If you really want it, buy it. I don't understand why you're so excited about this, it's a pretty standard bundle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    You don't get halo in that bundle, you muppet. It's not mentioned anywhere on the page. I bought my Xbox for £140 new a few months ago; if you wait until after Xmas, the price will drop again shortly.

If you really want it, buy it. I don't understand why you're so excited about this, it's a pretty standard bundle.
    What Xbox is that you have?

And yes Halo is in the bundle. It shows up on my order list. Y u hatin Philbert?

ReputationRep:

This

Plus i don't understand why people upgrade the xbox when they're pretty much the same... What's the point? The only time I'd buy a new one is if it was a completely new console or if my other one died :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't like the PS3; controllers are built for those with feminine hands, AWFUL AWFUL game selection, controller layout is all wrong.

I don't really care about BlueRay nor Fifa 12 or Uncharted and a £10 girft voucher from Argos is worthless.
    Seriously? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    I might buy a few and smack them up on ebay.
    *Goes to look on ebay for prices*

ReputationRep:
    Right now on Amazon you can get:

an XBOX 360 250GB Matte Black
    Battlefield 3
    Forza Motorsport 4
    Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary
    Xbox live GOLD 12 month membership

All for £200, insted of the £320 you would normally pay.

Is that a good deal and should i buy it?
    Thanks for the heads up. My Xbox is breaking has to do the pot tweak twice in the last month, worked out this will cost me about £100, based on me selling one of the games, my wireless adapter, and the free xbox live that I will need anyway.

So pretty much £100 for a new Xbox and Forza.

+Rep

EDIT:rep will come in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    ^^^

:rolleyes: LOL

not trolling you or anything but i just want to point out that its not £120 of free stuff... its just that you pay 120 quid less of your own money.... thats not free stuff at all....
    I'm paying £199 for stuff that is worth £320 so yeah that pretty much makes it free.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like the PS3; controllers are built for those with feminine hands, AWFUL AWFUL game selection, controller layout is all wrong.

I don't really care about BlueRay nor Fifa 12 or Uncharted and a £10 girft voucher from Argos is worthless.
    And the XBOX HEUG controller is?

Living in the past son', im surprised you have the internet to be fair.

> please insert disk 2.

ReputationRep:
    What Xbox is that you have?

And yes Halo is in the bundle. It shows up on my order list. Y u hatin Philbert?
    Why did you say this, then?
    I've just checked now and you cant anymore.
    Did you add it to your basket by any chance :rolleyes: It doesn't appear to be included in the offer you linked to, so unless there's a glitch, it isn't.

I'm not "hatin". Why would I be, I already have an Xbox (slim 250GB, same as in the offer, from Amazon) and I got most of my games free from my boyfriend and friends.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's not really free is it, you paid £200 to get it after all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You can continue deluding yourself that you got something 'for free' but you didn't.

It's a marketing illusion. They wouldn't sell it at that price if they didn't make a profit out of you.

Well done on your free XBOX from Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    dissapointed that there is no free Xbox. with a title like this I now have an expectation for a free 360.

ReputationRep:
    I did the maths and figured out you save nothing.

12 month Xbox live = £30
    Halo something = £30
    Forza = £30
    Battlefield = £30
    An Xbox = £50
    Xbox controller = £30

So you aren't saving £120

ReputationRep:
    I only went on this because i thought it was free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    It's not really free is it, you paid £200 to get it after all :rolleyes:
    I paid £199 instead of £320 so yeah i think i gained rather handsomely don't you?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you say this, then?

Did you add it to your basket by any chance :rolleyes: It doesn't appear to be included in the offer you linked to, so unless there's a glitch, it isn't.

I'm not "hatin", you cretin. Why would I be, I already have an Xbox (slim 250GB, same as in the offer, from Amazon) and I got most of my games free from my boyfriend and friends.
    How did you get a new xbox slim for £140 new?

Yes it must've been a glitch that i benefited very well from.

You'd be hating because i just got an Xbox with £120 worth of free stuff.

Plus i could always sell that stuff and profit even more hahaha

Whine moar plz.

ReputationRep:
    Beg, plead, argue... it's still not a giveaway.

For £260 at Argos you get:

- PS3 320GB
    + Karate Kid Blu Ray
    + Uncharted 3
    + Gran Turismo 5
    + Battlefield 3
    + Fifa12
    + £10 voucher (for spending over £100 - available until 13-Dec)

PERSONALLY, I'd go for the PS3 if I didnt have one, simple because I love Uncharted (which is the game to buy this Christmas).

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.