Pulling an all-nighter for a deadline Watch

Rahul.S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im doing my first all nighter of work tonight....usually when I do an all nighter its because im out :sexface: I reckon the zoot I bunned will keep me awake till around 7ish =)
66_crush
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing an all nighter too

I have a 4000 word essay and a 5000 word project both due for tomorrow. I started both of these about a week ago, so tonight i am just finishing them off. I am not expecting a good grade
I have another 2000 or so words left and then I'm free till mid January!

Good to know there are others suffering with essays through the night too!
theciz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a 2000-2500 word essay to write on patient autonomy and a seminar on clinical negligence for tomorrow. Yaaaay. I've just done a few bullet points and no writing. Since it's in for 4pm, though, just tempted to give up and go to sleep lol.
eggshell
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What, everyone else doesn't normally stay up until 4 or 5 anyway? Must just be me
lazy smurf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello fellow all nighter people, I've given up trying to work, Im feeling sleepy. I may get a cheeky 2 hours in and then go the library
Rahul.S
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfCvR...eature=related KEEPING ME AWAKE :yes:
The Owl of Minerva
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Though I have never left an essay till the last day, i have spent several nights at the university library doing them so as to earn some time for the other assignments we have to do.
Kayak
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, concept map finished. 120 words into 800 word report. 750 words into 1500 essay. Breakfast is at eight, I wonder if I can be done by then...? Its odd because if I go to breakfast in a bit it will probably still be the most awake I've been at breakfast all semester! XD
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
1)DO NOT SIT IN A COMFORTABLE PLACE E.G. A BED...
ive screwed up many all nighters that way (laying on bed)...

2) focus on your work, turn the tv off or anything else (including TSR dont even look at it)

3)calm down, its all good having pressure, but its very bad when it turns to stress

4) plan out the time, make sure you have goals for certain times e.g. do intro by 3am... if you miss youre goals, make sure your priority stuff is on top of your to do list... so either carry on with that, or do your next goal depending on whats higher priority

5)DO NOT SIT IN A COMFORTABLE PLACE

6) some people like drinks e.g. energy/coffee... i personally dont care but give it ago

7)have a full stomach

8) have all your resources ready on hand

9)put your alarm on as loud as you can in the event that you do fall asleep (a couple is better)

10)DO NOT SIT IN A COMFORTABLE PLACE

11) if you followed steps 1,5 and 10, then make sure you plan for breaks because youre not sitting in a comfortable place... in the breaks have a stretch, look at a blank wall and imagine theres wet paint and blah....
Just gonna lie down for a second..

$%£$&%££$
Kayak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Just gonna lie down for a second..

$%£$&%££$
Made that mistake last night, hence the all-nighter tonight! My plan otherwise was to stay up half of last night and half of tonight, and still get a little sleep both nights. Didn't happen when at 11.30 I lay down for a 'just resting my eyes' and next thing I knew it was morning... :confused:!
britishgoose01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i have very bad headache.....got half or wrk done, strugglin like hell with other half
Bobsyourteapots
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The birds are annoying me and distracting me from my work!
SiobhanC
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've progressed quite a lot, but I really need to be finished by my 10 am lecture and I spent far too much time procrastinating. I think I have time, but I need to get my act together and get off TSR.
Kayak
Rep:
?
Hmm this last half hour I've suddenly started feeling a lot more tired than I was, and hit a bit of a brick wall because this report is absolutely dire! On 515 words and only really have a conclusion left to write in 300 words, but I don't have much to say in it anyway... gah. Time for a bit of waffling I suppose?

And then still have 750 words of the other essay to write, and before 10am if possible, with breakfast in the middle... possible?
Goody2Shoes-x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Come on, you can do it! Close off all distractions and TYPE. Getting started is the hardest, once you get into it it's amazing how much you actually do.
britishgoose01
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i feel wrecked
i dnt usually feel so tired on all nighters...am getting too old for this
Kayak
Rep:
?
Thankyou! Right, tsr is going off, internet off, going to stop getting up and wandering about or staring into space, going to get this done, and now. Here goes.
Tiestar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think we've all been there before. Me more than once...

There's always the safety net of having the next day to do it, but when that next day comes you really wish you did it before. I always aim to have an essay completed 3 days before it's supposed to be in at the latest.
britishgoose01
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
just had some egg and bacon, back to work
Katie~Luna
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I handed in my work this morning. Deadline was 7:50am. I made it. I handed it in at 07:37 . Good luck everyone!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (763)
90.4%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.6%

Watched Threads