Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone recommend me some new music? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    If you're still looking for stuff, then I'll post a few suggestions! I like a few of the artists you mentioned, so hopefully you'll like at least something that I post. :P

Justin Nozuka, Jamie Woon, William Fitzsimmons, Greg Laswell, Greg Holden, Arab Strap, LIGHTS, Frightened Rabbit, Modest Mouse, Tired Pony, David Ford, Mat Kearney, Lightguides, Manchester Orchestra, The Dykeenies.

I use Spotify to find similar artists to what I like, so you could always try that! Or last.fm.
    You might like this. It's how I came across him and I think it's a lovely video!

ReputationRep:
    Since you seem to like indie stuff, try Bloc Party, they're my favourite band. Ever.

For Indie Rock try the 'Silent Alarm' Album
    For more emotional low key tracks, try the 'Weekend In The City' Album
    For Electronic and experimental tracks, try the 'Intimacy' Album

I like them all, but most people tend to like Silent Alarm the most, and Intimacy the least. Its the other way around for me, but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddThings)
    Thanks Take it by your username,that you like metal? Sweet,another metalhead
    I like metal, but lately I have been listening to shoegaze, ambient and drone a lot more, but I would say metal is my favourite genre yeah.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you like Rise Against then I'd recommend going further into the punk genre, stay away from the more main-stream punk-pop such as greenday (an oxymoron if there ever was one). Personally I'd suggest Against Me!, Anti-flag, Bad Religion, Black-flag, Rancid, Star ****ing Hipsters, Stiff Little Fingers & anything with Jello Biafra (my personal favourite being Dead Kennedys).

From what I gather from the thread you also like metal, in which case:
    In Flames (Up to Clayman, although there are a few good songs on the following albums), Mastodon (Remission, Leviathan for the heavier stuff, Crack The Skye for a more experimental, progressive metal slant), Straight Line Stitch (For a more emo style metal), The Armed (Decent attempt at a Punk/Metal cross) would be my key recommendations atop the likes of Iron Maiden.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.