Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

have you or someone you know ever been on TV? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm mates with a guy who was on the Skins episode (new series, 30/01/2012) as an extra, and another mate has been on Blue Peter 4 times for unicycling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychojonas)
    I'm mates with a guy who was on the Skins episode (new series, 30/01/2012) as an extra, and another mate has been on Blue Peter 4 times for unicycling
    did your mate get paid well for the role?

ReputationRep:
    i might have been on MOTD last night (if it was on) as i was in the second row of the north stand at Bolton vs Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    I was on local news for the 2007 rugby World Cup final, they just got some shots of people celebrating/not at my local rugby club for the report.

ReputationRep:
    Teachers TV came in to my old secondary school to film my GCSE English class once; they got a nice lil' shot of me engrossed in my copy of Of Mice and Men.

ReputationRep:
    another mate said he is going to be in the new series of Waterloo Road.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got any stories about being on TV

ReputationRep:
    My mums cousin starred in some of the Carry On films but he died before I was born. And I think my friend was on TV after our school did a fundraiser for a cancer charity after she was diagnosed, but that might have just been some of the teachers and/or policemen involved (the teachers arranged to get arrested by her dad and his coworkers and stay in the cells overnight). I know she's been in the paper...I've never let her live it down!

ReputationRep:
    Was in a Kinder Egg ad when I was 5... fml.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the news once skiing in a bit about falling levels of snow. I was about seven or something. :lol:
    And I was in my local areas "emergancy procedure" DVD. Skipping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AeroLB)
    Was in a Kinder Egg ad when I was 5... fml.
    Does that sort of thing go on your CV? I'd probably hire someone for that...and joke about it all the time.

DISCLAIMER: I don't hire/fire anyone. The power would go to my head. Muhahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    I was an extra in a made for TV movie, it had James Nesbitt and Brendan Gleeson in it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216279/

ReputationRep:
    I have been on the Sex Education show (I was interviewed and everything), BBC Look North (twice) and Bargain Hunt.

ReputationRep:
    My dad featured in an episode of Meet the Ancestors a few years ago, hes also been on coast and countryfile.
    Some friends and I are going to be in a programme about Britain with Hugh Dennis when it is broadcast later in the year

ReputationRep:
    Was on Sky News back in year 5 or so when we went to a school trip to Drayton Manor, my proudest moment. :^_^:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    A couple of people I know are extras for World War Z, I was this close to being one as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    Does that sort of thing go on your CV? I'd probably hire someone for that...and joke about it all the time.

DISCLAIMER: I don't hire/fire anyone. The power would go to my head. Muhahahahaha!
    I'm way too terrified they'd dig it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AeroLB)
    I'm way too terrified they'd dig it out
    I can imagine it now- you'd swing into the office one morning and there, on your desk, would be a single Kinder egg...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    A couple of people I know are extras for World War Z, I was this close to being one as well.
    how close did you become to being an extra on the show then?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    how close did you become to being an extra on the show then?
    Not very. I turned up at the casting and they never got back to me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.