Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

London Treasurers' Graduate Scheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    Failed

ReputationRep:
    Hi I haven't received an email, but when I log on my status has changed to invited to assessment centre, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey sun dog, I heard I got through to AC today, fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm through to the AC as well! I was absolutely convinced I was out after that telephone interview.

Congrats Reb and Saries, good luck with your ACs. And I'm sorry to hear that ah07171, I hope you have better luck on another scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

How's the preparation going for the AC? Which dates are you booked in for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Anybody attending on the 24th, Lewisham? What presentation questions did you guys receive?

My question - “What are the key strategic challenges that currently face local government finance?”

Anyhoo...good luck.

ReputationRep:
    My assessment is next Tuesday in Dagenham. I've got the same question and been finding it quite difficult to research so far.

ReputationRep:
    I was there on the 24th sultanics, were you morning or afternoon?

How's everybody found the AC so far?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone down for Friday??

ReputationRep:
    Thought it went ok sun dog. Was pretty challenging cramming it all into the time period but wasn't too bad I thought. weren't as many people there as I thought there would be.
    How bout you?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the day itself wasn't too bad, quite intense, but I'm not happy with how I did, I just made a lot of stupid mistakes, just the way it goes sometimes.:dontknow:

Do you know how many people were at the ACs overall? I'm guessing that it was 10-15 people each session over 3-4 days?

Also do you know what happens next if we're successful? I know it's interviews with the Boroughs, but does that mean we've got a job and they're just placing us or can we still be unsuccessful after them?

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure about the next stage. There were three assessment days and I know there were 20 in total on Tuesday but not sure about the others. I would have thought they were similar though. I made some pretty stupid mistakes like not finishing exercises in time. Forgot to bring a watch

Do you know how many trainees they're taking on?

ReputationRep:
    I think she said there were 14-16 vacancies last year, although I can't remember if she told us a definite figure for this year.

I did exactly the same - I decided I couldn't afford to buy a watch just for a half day AC, but then I properly messed up on my numerical test because I had my back to the clock. And I also had presentation "issues" but I won't go into that! Oh well, there's always next year!

Fingers crossed for everybody waiting to hear btw, what are the chances we'll find out today do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty slim tbh. Think we'relooking at at least another week

Also don't think anyone did too well on the numerical.l was pretty time consuming

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, my application page has been updated bu no further details given. This has never been a good sign before

ReputationRep:
    Got through to the final interviews for my 2 preferred boroughs. Delighted with that, just hope I don't muck up the interview. Good luck anyone still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Same here, congratulations!

How did you choose which your preferred boroughs were? I was caught a bit off guard with the rating on the day, as I thought we would be doing it at a later date, so I hadn't done my research properly. As a result there's definitely one of my interviews I would prefer over the other!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know too much about the individual boroughs but I sort of knew which areas I wanted.to live/work after talking to friends. After three or four boroughs I didn't have a clue so just put them down in any random order

ReputationRep:
    I was exactly the same! I feel like I should have been a bit more scientific, but I suppose wherever we get placed (assuming interview success) there'll be a decent amount of work to do.

Speaking of which I don't suppose anybody's got any idea what the chances of success/rejection at the borough interviews are? I don't even really know what they're looking for at these interviews, surely passing the AC means they think we can do the job, so is it just a case of explaining why you applied to them as a borough?

ReputationRep:
    Really don't have a clue about what they're looking for in these interviews. Hope it's more about whether you'll fit in the borough. I didn't really care which borough I work at as long as I got a borough

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: February 24, 2014
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.