Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you spend on clothes/accessories per week/month? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Probably around £150-£200 :-/

ReputationRep:
    £10 to £20 most of my clothes are from cheap, one off shops . It's cheap clothing and not many people will have it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord I do not know how some people can spend so little, honestly.

I work part-time in retail so I end up buying a loooooooott of stuff from where I work, simply because it's an absolutely massive store and we get deliveries every single day. I probably spend €200 a month or so on clothing and make up. I try to justify it by saying that some of it is part of my uniform for work (we have to wear the stock), but I definitely buy a lot more than I need to.

That said, I spend it because I can. If I have to save more than usual (I save 1/3 of my wages at least), then I won't spend it, or if I suddenly say didn't have a job I absolutely wouldn't buy clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I try not to spend a ridculous amount, its easier said than done though! Maybe £50-60 a month usually, on a good month I'll probably spend about £10-20. Having said that I'd probably spend more if I had it if I'm honest, too many pretty clothes knocking about!

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to say that I think a lot of people waste hundreds of pounds a months on clothing just for school. This is ridiculous. If you've spent over £125 on clothing, you could have instead bought one of the following which are what people in other countrie NEED to live:

-5 Goats
    -5 Allotments
    -Safe water for around 120 people
    -Feed 17 families
    -The education of children

I just thought I'd throw that one out there because it really annoys me when people spend hundreds on clothing - which is certainly NOT needed. I only buy clothes like once every 3-4 months and spend about £50 tops!!

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/content...ped/5to25.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deank)
    I would just like to say that I think a lot of people waste hundreds of pounds a months on clothing just for school. This is ridiculous. If you've spent over £125 on clothing, you could have instead bought one of the following which are what people in other countrie NEED to live:

-5 Goats
    -5 Allotments
    -Safe water for around 120 people
    -Feed 17 families
    -The education of children

I just thought I'd throw that one out there because it really annoys me when people spend hundreds on clothing - which is certainly NOT needed. I only buy clothes like once every 3-4 months and spend about £50 tops!!

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/content...ped/5to25.html
    Oh stfu will you, people will spend their money on what they like :rolleyes: Do you give every little bit you have lying around to charities and whatnot? People are entitled to buy things with money they've worked hard for.

ReputationRep:
    It was just an example, and IN MY OPINION I think £200 a month on clothes is a huge waste.

ReputationRep:
    ohmy. easily about £200 a month at the moment, i am absolutely ridiculous.
    i'm an emotional shopper though and things aren't going great at the moment, when i'm sad i shop. so right now i'm constantly buying new things! its not usually this bad..

FYI, Deank - i DO give money to two different charities a month as well as one off donations on top of that. don't judge people who are spending their money how they want too, i work fricking hard for this money and if i want to buy nice new things then i will!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anything, it's just my opinion that some really high priced clothes aren't worth what the price tag says.

Also, I never said you didn't give to charities, and charities was just an example, buying cheaper clothes could also save your money for other things. I'm just saying if I earned, I would splash out £200 on clothing....

No need to neg somebodys opinion though :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.