Cung Le Physique - How to Get it?


    Try out a full body or upper lower split. You don't have to do SS. If you are going to do SS then add in some work for the mirror muscles. If you want to look better then you need to put on muscle which is going to require an increase in strength. Your strength for reps is going to be more significant for your size gains.

    ss isn't broscience in fact is follows what has been found in science fairly well. Training till failure isn't needed at all.

    (Original post by tooosh)
    He doesn't want his muscles too big though. A strength routine will still put on size if eating right and I think in this situation a bb split would put too much size on. Plus it seems he fights so it would be more useful.

    do you have any idea how painstakingly slow a process muscle building is? even on a bb split, you don't start lifting and then ****ing one day suddenly end up "too big"

    At a beginner level, a routine for bodybuilding and one for strength isn't going to look much different anyway. I say this under the assumption that the beginner is going to be untrained and therefore underweight. I'm sure we can all think of a skinny guy in the gym who lifts loads, but the exception doesn't prove the rule. You need to get strong and you need to gain weight, so your training will be a mix of big lifts and assistance work, done at varying rep ranges. Even the much lauded SS recommends this.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.