Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Would you go to a party where you didn't know anyone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How kind of them to invite you, accept their invitation and just remember no jokes about Nicolas Sarkozy's height.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's actually quite awesome :P no baggage for a start

ReputationRep:
    You've got nothing to lose, you might as well go

ReputationRep:
    If your good at meeting new people then why not.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement- I went and had a really nice time! I've come up to bed a little early because its reaching the point where my french abilities+their english capacity+alcohol= absolutely no sense being made... so sleepy time now. But I had loads of great conversations, its a very different scene to the one I'm used to- plus they were very nice and spoke whaetever english they could (which I have to say is WAY better than my french) even though I'm the one meant to be learning.!
    THANKS EVEYRONE! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meena373)
    Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement- I went and had a really nice time! I've come up to bed a little early because its reaching the point where my french abilities+their english capacity+alcohol= absolutely no sense being made... so sleepy time now. But I had loads of great conversations, its a very different scene to the one I'm used to- plus they were very nice and spoke whaetever english they could (which I have to say is WAY better than my french) even though I'm the one meant to be learning.!
    THANKS EVEYRONE! xxxx
    Yay! :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    It's always weird when someone turns up at a party and nobody knows them. But I'm pretty awkward and won't make an effort to talk to anyone unless I can ascertain that they don't hate me. On the other hand they are French, and they're well known for being... kind and welcoming. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meena373)
    I'm on a gap year and staying in Paris for about 6 weeks. The people I'm staying with have a daughter a few years older than me and she and her friends are having a party downstairs (starting soon!) I've been invited to join them if I like, but I reckon it'll be a bit awkward 1) because my french is pas tres bien and number 2) because its a bit awkward isn't it? Parisian teenagers speak fast as hell and the girls... well, the ones I've met here so far are all about 6foot, thin and gorgeous.
    But if I don't go will I be throwing away a good opportunity to practise french and meet people? What would you do and what would you advise?
    :facepalm2:

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.