The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE French Listening Higher 14th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Whats the second to last one?!

Some of the residents were able to....
Does anybody when OCR are going to be releasing the final UMS or marks out of 40 for the French exams? I really want to know what an A or A* is. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Some were able to keep goats - 'chevres'
I took an educated guess there; knew it was about livestock and I knew it wasnt cows (vaches) or sheep (cochon) so I went goats... :wink:
Original post by Stephaniexo
That's not too bad actually. :P I think i defintely got over 30, maybe above 33 if i'm lucky!

I thought the same, I'm predicting myself a high A, or hopefully I'll scrape the A* but if not it's not the end of the world considering there's coursework and such to take into account :biggrin:
Original post by Examstressman
Whats the second to last one?!

Some of the residents were able to....

"Keep Goats". I ended up putting something like living on volcanic land... woops.
It was that they could keep goats or something.

I found the one with the lady in the cupboard okay, but then on the last question I stupidly put 'Arab' not 'Arabic' for the language that they spoke, do you think they will accept this?

Also for the last part of the last questions I put money because I heard 'argent' what did everyone else put?
Original post by xRedRockerx
I thought the same, I'm predicting myself a high A, or hopefully I'll scrape the A* but if not it's not the end of the world considering there's coursework and such to take into account :biggrin:

That's true! I hope the reading won't be too hard! I usually do much better at the reading than the listening, but I actually found the listening not too hard today. :P Apart from the last question! :frown: I only got about 4 or 5 marks on that one!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Hope I get an A!

For the one where the answer was 'ruins', I guess they would accept 'dilapidated'? Hope so!
I was hoping to get A* but I'm not sure I'll get 33. I hated the last section, I know I made lots of mistakes on that one. I got arabic for the language, italy for the other country that had an interest, i said some rubbish about the buildings and I know that the very last one was tourists. Is anyone definetely sure about the answers for the last section??
Reply 29
Original post by Starrstruck
I was hoping to get A* but I'm not sure I'll get 33. I hated the last section, I know I made lots of mistakes on that one. I got arabic for the language, italy for the other country that had an interest, i said some rubbish about the buildings and I know that the very last one was tourists. Is anyone definetely sure about the answers for the last section??

Uh bruv.. u sick dope! I got Italy too.... Im sure its right... most got England then again they heard it wrong for a fact. It was tourist as well but not sure what was before that...think it might be something to do with sharing the land....but lets see.
Original post by Varunaen
Uh bruv.. u sick dope! I got Italy too.... Im sure its right... most got England then again they heard it wrong for a fact. It was tourist as well but not sure what was before that...think it might be something to do with sharing the land....but lets see.

Apparently there was something to do with the people having goats on the land. :s-smilie:
Reply 31
I found it quite easy apart from the goats :smile:
Also my friend found this and we think its hilarious:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2054057/Homeless-woman-comes-out-of-closet.html :biggrin:
Reply 32

I'm almost 100% certain that it was England :s-smilie:
Hey guys, I put England too and put Arabic for the language. They might accept Arab not too sure. I didn't hear the goats! So gutted, but what did you all put strong wind for the one that said it is more difficult too..
I thought the paper was better than last years, I hope the reading is the same.
Reply 34
Yeah it was strong wind for that one I think :smile:
Yeah it was nephew. What did you put for the one about the 'soif' and then the one about potatoes? I think the potatoes one was option A (go to the shops) or something??
Reply 36
Soif was drink some water potatoes was go to shops
okay great thank you! :smile: good luck to everyone for the reading. fingers crossed its easy

Lol yeah, what did you get for the second last question? I wrote something about volcanoes but I think it was something about goats.
For the last section I put that the buildings are 'deralict' not 'in ruins', reckon it'll be accepted?

If they don't allow that then I think I've got 33 overall so I'm just hoping the grade boundaries are what everyone is saying!

Quick Reply

Latest