Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

M1 24/05/12 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazman34)
    How about the acceleration of the particle moving down the slope? Tell me you got 1.06ms^-2 as well haha
    1.05 m/s^2 so yeah, close enough

Edit: I rounded alpha here

ReputationRep:
    For that last question were we ment to split the shapes into two or three? Bc I split it into 3. And has anyone got the paper??

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get as alpha?

ReputationRep:
    I found the test today really quite nice, in comparison to all the other papers.

I got stuck on finding the tension AP (question 6) because I managed to skip over the part which said P had a weight, so ended up with the tension equal to 0. Realised my mistake in the end.

Other question I probably lost a mark on is the height the sky diver fell. I rushed it and got height is aprox. 817.3m or something similar to that. Anyone else get that?

ReputationRep:
    How about the acceleration of the particle moving down the slope? Tell me you got 1.06ms^-2 as well haha
    I got that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astonix)
    I found the test today really quite nice, in comparison to all the other papers.

I got stuck on finding the tension AP (question 6) because I managed to skip over the part which said P had a weight, so ended up with the tension equal to 0. Realised my mistake in the end.

Other question I probably lost a mark on is the height the sky diver fell. I rushed it and got height is aprox. 817.3m or something similar to that. Anyone else get that?
    I got something around 817.3 too, probably exactly that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priteshp)
    For that last question were we ment to split the shapes into two or three? Bc I split it into 3. And has anyone got the paper??
    I split it into 3. You were meant to I think. They drew dotted lines splitting it up into three, and I don't know a simple way of finding the area and CoM of an L-shape without splitting it into 2.

ReputationRep:
    If you're on about question 6, I got alpha as about 54 I think.

ReputationRep:
    I got something around 817.3 too, probably exactly that :P
    807.5m if I remember rightly

ReputationRep:
    Which one? I remember alpha being 52.57 or something..

I thought the exam went really well
    I'm glad that no trick questions were thrown out there; I was panicking like mad prior to the exam.

Does anyone remember what they got for v on question 7 - the hot air balloon question? I got 49, which for some reason doesn't seem right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astonix)
    I split it into 3. You were meant to I think. They drew dotted lines splitting it up into three, and I don't know a simple way of finding the area and CoM of an L-shape without splitting it into 2.
    Pheww I can't remember my answer most probs got most of marks for that anyways.

Any grade boundaries prediction?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perpetuallity)
    807.5m if I remember rightly
    Ah yes, I got that Really happy now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConstantlyStressed)

I'm glad that no trick questions were thrown out there; I was panicking like mad prior to the exam.

Does anyone remember what they got for v on question 7 - the hot air balloon question? I got 49, which for some reason doesn't seem right.
    Yep, that's what I got

v=u + at = 0 + 5(9.8) = 49m/s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConstantlyStressed)

That is right what's what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perpetuallity)
    Yep, that's what I got

v=u + at = 0 + 5(9.8) = 49m/s
    Yes...I feel so relieved...

Now I've got C4 to study for..blegh:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I seem to be getting what others are getting. Some numbers I remember: 807.m for the SUVATs question, 29000N and 60kg for 1. a and b respectively. 0.4m for the equilibrium question. Coefficient of Restitution = 0.36. I remember a 41.2N, and alpha equaling 57.? somewhere.

A nice paper overall, I think I've lost some marks at the end of Question 3 and 9, but I got the main marks anyway. Hopefully the A grade boundary is around 58~

ReputationRep:
    So for that alpha question did ppl do tan-1 the number they gave for the angle???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priteshp)
    So for that alpha question did ppl do tan-1 the number they gave for the angle???
    I used,

(Rcos(\theta))^2 + (Rsin(\theta))^2 = 30^2 + 4g^2

and as you (should) know, the cos^2 and sin^2 cancel to 1, so left with R, which I then plugged back in to previous equations to get alpha.

I checked it with the tan method in the exam too and came out with the same answer.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.